palhares is a fighter you tune in for

Didn't seem like that many people tuned in to watch him.

Yeah, you can definitely tell by the huge outcry of people saying that the cut was wrong and that they will watch him in Bellator.

Yeah, you can definitely tell by the huge outcry of people saying that the cut was wrong and that they will watch him in Bellator.

On Sherdog. You get that this community is different than the general viewing public, right? Please tell me you understand this.

I'm a fan of Palhares, but I still agree with them cutting him.

they'll let him fight outside, prob pay him a little less and bring him back im sure soon - as you say, hes got that factor that makes people excited, and most of us like him on the cards - still, cant let things go completely

I hope he gets brought back. I love watching the guy.

first paragraph, brilliant 10/10

second paragraph not so much. weird conclusion after pointing out how crazy that is.

I don't want anybody to lose their job, especially that when you look at the win without the dick move of not letting go when he was supposed to. It was very impressive. Pierce is a top 15 guy who gave Fitch, Koscheck, and Hendricks all they could handle.

I agree that it was unacceptable behavior but losing 50 grand is a pretty big punishment by itself, and that maybe he could have learned if they read him the riot act and made it clear that if it happened again he'd be let go.

It's already happened multiple times, he had his chance. Not to mention the steroids.

Also, to the OP, his fight with Hendo was a snoozer if I recall

I hadn't thought of that. Factoring that in, I agree with the decision to release him.

Like one million people complained about Fitch being cut, but it's a scientific fact that previously he had only 37 fans.

There's an outcry because people like to complain, especially in cases where Zuffa did or did not do something.

It's baffling to me how this guy keeps on doing the same shit over and over again.

If I was running Bellator I wouldn't even sign him. You gotta look out for your talent, don't sign a guy who is going to break the rules and put their careers in jeopardy.

Let him rot in Brazil

Never a snooze fest

Always for the kill (or be killed)

Dana cut One of My favorite fighters, and the most brutal submission guy out there

Let the guy work on his problems and bring him back after a year.

Yep.

The UFC needs quit keeping all of these no names that are never going to be top guys and keep exciting guys like Paul Harris around.

If a fighter is boring and no one tunes in to watch him....cut him (unless he is top 15)

(I don't agree with the Okami cut BTW..... he is still a top fighter.)

When you are putting unknowns (or fighters that are not top fighters and that no one pays for) like Rosi Sexton, Camozzi, and Colin Fletcher on the main card of a PPV and are cutting guys like Paul Harris and Okami.....there is a problem.

Last edited:
Never a snooze fest

Always for the kill (or be killed)

Dana cut One of My favorite fighters, and the most brutal submission guy out there

Let the guy work on his problems and bring him back after a year.

I couldn't have said it better myself!

More exciting that 75% of these dec. fests!!!

I would strongly disagree with this decision if it weren't for the fact that this guy has had so many incidents.

He's had at least 2 other times he held onto submissions a little too long plus he's had those weird moments where he thought the fight was stopped when it wasn't. The guy is just one problem after another.

sad to see him go though. watching him effortlessly leg lock people is amazing.

I would strongly disagree with this decision if it weren't for the fact that this guy has had so many incidents.

He's had at least 2 other times he held onto submissions a little too long plus he's had those weird moments where he thought the fight was stopped when it wasn't. The guy is just one problem after another.

sad to see him go though. watching him effortlessly leg lock people is amazing.

lol could you imagine if brian stann held an ankle lock for an 1.08 seconds after the ref jumped in?

Back