palhares is a fighter you tune in for

I think cutting him was a little harsh, but what he did was absolutely unacceptable. He looked down and saw the ref trying to stop the fight and cranked as hard as he could one more time anyway. That means either he is so stupid he didn't understand what was going on, or he's just a jerk who was trying to fuck up Pierce's knee to send a message.

I think taking SOTN away and telling him if it ever happened again he'd be cut would have been enough, but I understand Dana's decision.

first paragraph, brilliant 10/10

second paragraph not so much. weird conclusion after pointing out how crazy that is.

Paul Harris will go to Bellator and get himself some Funky legs.

UFC will re-sign Paul Harris. His notoriety & beast like disregard for his opponents well being, sells well. I've always enjoyed watching this guy fight & will always do so in the future.

It's wrong to hold a sub, but after Pierce said "I sent out on Twitter that I wanted an easy fight, so I called out all Brazilians in the 170-pound division", fuck his leg, hold it as long as you can, Paul :)

I think he'll back in a few months............with a fight scheduled.

Remember when Mitrione got suspended?............Yeah, me neither.

I think he'll back in a few months............with a fight scheduled.

Remember when Mitrione got suspended?............Yeah, me neither.

apparently u dont know the difference between a suspension and a ban. i suggest you go figure it out.

apparently u dont know the difference between a suspension and a ban. i suggest you go figure it out.

I know what the difference between a ban and a suspension, just for YOUR information.

I will explain my last post to you.

I do not think he is banned, and I do think he will return to the UFC, with, a scheduled fight, in a few months.

Thank you for your time, random Sherdog poster.

It's bad for fans because Palhares is always fun to watch. It's good for sport though because fights like Heath vs Babalu, Palhare vs Drwal or this make it look like barbaric massacre.

Don't know why Palhares just couldn't release those damn submissions immediately. What he was trying to prove? Did he wanted to purposely cripple his opponents? Then he has to banned not only from UFC but from MMA.

Stop trying to rationalize what Palhares did. When the ref stops the fight, you release whatever hold you have or stop raining down blows on your opponent. It is as simple as that. This isn't the first time Palhares has done this - and to blame it on the heat of the moment is an affront to the band Asia. Palhares knew what he was doing, and in that extra time, he could have done serious damage to Pierce. So yeah, you're dead wrong. Have a great day though!!

Way to cut through all the BS and get down to the underlying issues.

UFC will re-sign Paul Harris. His notoriety & beast like disregard for his opponents well being, sells well. I've always enjoyed watching this guy fight & will always do so in the future.

I doubt they resign him. I'm also dubious that Bellator wants him. If they pick him up right now and he causes an injury it will be very bad press for them.

He screwed his life. If he didn't understand that doing that shit over and over is wrong....well....then he is pretty dumb.

Good move, this is a move to protect fighters. It's a good one.

I agree totally. I work a ton, and didn't see that there was a fight until the day of. I looked at the card and was excited to see maia and shields, but I really wanted to see Palhares. With that said just let go after the dude taps, especially with heel hooks and that put other fighters out for months.

He screwed his life. If he didn't understand that doing that shit over and over is wrong....well....then he is pretty dumb.

Good move, this is a move to protect fighters. It's a good one.

To protect fighters????

I like Palhares, but this isn't the first time he's done this.

Didn't seem like that many people tuned in to watch him.

I think cutting him was a little harsh, but what he did was absolutely unacceptable. He looked down and saw the ref trying to stop the fight and cranked as hard as he could one more time anyway. That means either he is so stupid he didn't understand what was going on, or he's just a jerk who was trying to fuck up Pierce's knee to send a message.

I think taking SOTN away and telling him if it ever happened again he'd be cut would have been enough, but I understand Dana's decision.

It's already happened multiple times, he had his chance. Not to mention the steroids.

Also, to the OP, his fight with Hendo was a snoozer if I recall

notoriety? Come on, nobody outside of Sherdog and Brazil knows him. He's fringe top 20.

Didn't seem like that many people tuned in to watch him.

This. On sherdog Overreem is a big draw & people tune in for Paul harris and his interesting unique style. Yes that's true about the sherdoggers who would watch the event anyways.

The casaul fan has no clue who he is. Probably don't even have a clue what a heel hook is either. An they dont find "rolling on the ground" exciting and have no clue what they are looking at.

I actually thought about this after Belcher-Paul Haris. That fight was tense, exciting and gripping.......to us educated fans. The avg casual fan had no clue or frame of reference on how tense the moments on the ground were. Yes they have Rogan telling them this is dangerous but it doesn't mean they feel it or care that much. They dont know the implications of being on the ground with him, techniques involved, dangers, past history, etc.

Back