Palhares has a learning disability of some kind. What is it?

I don't know if this would be considered fighter bashing but since I will argue for it and considering what happend I hope it is okey.

Is Palhares really a violent person? Well, obviously he is a cage fighter but he doesn't seem to be aggressive in the way Lombard can be outside the cage. Honestly I think he is very unintelligent in combination with an inability to be mentally present in the fight. He obviously is present in the sense that he makes logical grappling maneuvers but he isn't "there" in the sense that he really understands what is happening. He always seem surprised when someone is tapping and he isn't letting go. He often don't yank the limb more but freezes with a "what is happening look on his face".

this

lombard is a perfect example
so is mike kyle

with palhares, he just seems abit simple

I'd prefer not to make any excuses for him, it's just his character. While I think many of the instances of him holding on too long are overblown, most guys let go as soon as a guy taps as opposed to holding on that extra second for the referee to step in, even if that's the official rule. If he does have some kind of mental disability, however minor, he shouldn't be licensed to compete at all.

Hey guys, Shields's manager, or Shields himself is in this thread. Shhhh :)

I don't care if it is a learning disability. I mean, I hate it if it is and that sucks and all, but still...that motherfucker shouldn't be allowed to fight. I want somebody to tear his fucking knee apart so bad.

Calm down, Gloria! Why don't you start a petition to have kimuras banned or just go back to watching lawn tennis. MMA is a violent sport. This is not soft rolling among white belts in the local BJJ school in Alaska.

I think he needs to go through a psychological evaluation and only allowed to continue if given the OK.

This ^

No expert here, but I find it hard to imagine he is able to memorize complicated grappling stuff (against world class competition), but is unable to remember to stop when the ref jumps in. I don't think its an intelligence issues, looks more like some kind of psychological block, that stops him from realizing the fight is over.

Apparently, he gets so pumped up with adrenaline that he ignores everything that's not him and his opponent, and until he comes back to reality, it takes a second or so.

I don't think he's dirty, but nobody can complain if he gets fired of if the commissions decide not to license him. He's dangerous.

And it's a BIG shame, because he's probably the slickest guy on the floor ever.

Remember Sloth from the Goonies? Rousimar has the same thing as him and Simple Jack.

Apparently, he gets so pumped up with adrenaline that he ignores everything that's not him and his opponent, and until he comes back to reality, it takes a second or so.

I don't think he's dirty, but nobody can complain if he gets fired of if the commissions decide not to license him. He's dangerous.

And it's a BIG shame, because he's probably the slickest guy on the floor ever.

It's actually a little surprising that he has the mental capacity to learn and remember submissions. Then again, you can teach dogs full out dance routines, so...

It's actually a little surprising that he has the mental capacity to learn and remember submissions. Then again, you can teach dogs full out dance routines, so...

But the dog doesn't know what they are doing while dancing....this is the same problem with Palhares....

Possibly a psycho? Like the kind who tortured small animals as a child.

Still remember his UFC debut coming to the Octagon in full tears ....

Back