Palelei's real test will come...

Instead of waiting for him to fail why not just hope he does well?

It doesn't need size but just skill to beat him. Cormier absolutely destroyed him Palelei has improved since then but basically all you need is someone with good enough TDD to keep him from getting you down his top game is scary but if you can keep the fight standing or event ake him down like Cormier did he's not so scary anymore. Krylov was doing better than Palelei before he gassed

..when he fights anyone the same/similar size. Krylov was a light heavyweight masquerading as a HW. Pat Barry is a HW dwarf. Potts is a decent size, but at six two and 247, he's nowhere near Soa's size - considering Soa cuts to get to 265.

He needs to take on a monster. Any ideas?

Cormier demolished him though, ts...
Soa is just on a streak rn. I'd like to see him fight Browne next when considering his next opponent. Still think he can win that but not likely.

He's on an eleven fight win streak and people want him to fight guys coming off losses?

Overeem, Nelson, Hunt, Miocic, Werdum are the only fighters in the top 15 who have won their last fight. (and Cormier)
Overeem is the only one who doesnt have a imminent fight lined up.

I suspect he'd wreck Nelson, but respectfully decline to fight Hunto.

if hes healthy they should try to put him against Stipe and move Fabio back

I saw Soa lose to LHW Cormier live. He'll lose to the top fighters regardless.

Yeah that shitty LHW who is undefeated at HW with wins over 4th, 5th, 9th and 10th best fighters at HW.

Come dude, seriously.

Soa should have come back to the UFC much sooner, its almost too late for him now..

A couple of years earlier and he could have made a run for it again. Cirka 2011

..when he fights anyone the same/similar size. Krylov was a light heavyweight masquerading as a HW. Pat Barry is a HW dwarf. Potts is a decent size, but at six two and 247, he's nowhere near Soa's size - considering Soa cuts to get to 265.

Size doesn't make a world beater. The champion is 6' 1", 240 lbs. Palelei just has to fight someone who's actually good, regardless of size.

I don't think he's anywhere close to talented enough to beat the top HW's. He may be able to give The Roy Nelsons a run, but guys like JDS, Werdum, Cain, Browne, Barnett would work him over bad.

You should watch Cormier-Palelei and see how the big guy got neutralized in the clinch, taken down and pounded out by a bulked up lhw.

You should watch Cormier-Palelei and see how the big guy got neutralized in the clinch, taken down and pounded out by a bulked up lhw.

Yeah, a bulked up light heavyweight called DANIEL CORMIER. Look up his record, it's kinda good.

My whole point was, at some stage in his current run, Soa's gonna get handled. It's a fact. At some stage, all fighters will get handled, unless they retire at that perfect time and on top. They're going to run into someone who has a skill set they just can't match. That's going to happen to Soa as it happens to everyone, so put that aside for a second.

What we haven't seen is Soa face a real monster, regardless of skill. There comes a point in fighting where size and strength is undeniably an issue for a fighter. I genuinely think that's the best test for Soa right now. We know how he performs against smaller heavyweights towards the bottom of the division, so let's see how he does against a big heavyweight towards the bottom/middle of the division.

Back