Palelei's real test will come...

Yes! How about Gabriel Gonzaga or Josh Barnett?? Palelei is highly underrated in the rankings. He belongs in top 10! He would beat Mir and Big Nog easily enough!

Next he'll beat a monster and then you'll cry over not facing a top 10 opponent

then he'll beat a top 10 and you'll cry he didn't beat a top 5

then he'll beat a top 5 and you'll cry because he's ahead of some other fighter you like in the rankings and he needs a #1 contender fight to prove it

then he'll get a title shot and you'll cry because he's not a big enough name to headline a PPV

Then when he loses the title fight you'll cry because Cain has been the champion too long and has cleaned out the division.

Hahaha nice :D

Helwani retweeted Rothwell saying he wanted to fight Soa earlier. Sounds good to me.

Champion : Cain Velasquez
1 Fabricio Werdum
2 Junior Dos Santos
3 Travis Browne
4 Antonio Silva
5 Josh Barnett
6 Alistair Overeem
7 Stipe Miocic
8 Mark Hunt
9 Roy Nelson
10 Frank Mir
11 Gabriel Gonzaga
12 Stefan Struve
13 Minotauro Nogueira
14 Brendan Schaub
15 Daniel (WTF am I doing here) Cormier

I'd say any one in the 9-15 range would be good.

Side note:
Love that Cromier is at 15th, undefeated with wins over 4, 5, 9 and 10.

..when he fights anyone the same/similar size. Krylov was a light heavyweight masquerading as a HW. Pat Barry is a HW dwarf. Potts is a decent size, but at six two and 247, he's nowhere near Soa's size - considering Soa cuts to get to 265.

He needs to take on a monster. Any ideas?

I saw Soa lose to LHW Cormier live. He'll lose to the top fighters regardless.

Champion : Cain Velasquez
1 Fabricio Werdum
2 Junior Dos Santos
3 Travis Browne
4 Antonio Silva
5 Josh Barnett
6 Alistair Overeem
7 Stipe Miocic
8 Mark Hunt
9 Roy Nelson
10 Frank Mir
11 Gabriel Gonzaga
12 Stefan Struve
13 Minotauro Nogueira
14 Brendan Schaub
15 Daniel (WTF am I doing here) Cormier

I'd say any one in the 9-15 range would be good.

Side note:
Love that Cromier is at 15th, undefeated with wins over 4, 5, 9 and 10.

And fighting at LHW. I mean that's just weird.

Anyway, I don't know that Aussie fans crazily over rate Soa. Most don't really know who he is! I think he belongs somewhere in the top 14-20 at HW, and since he has won three on the trot in the UFC he should face someone with a little more name value. Rothwell has thrown his hat in the ring, that'd be fun.

..when he fights anyone the same/similar size. Krylov was a light heavyweight masquerading as a HW. Pat Barry is a HW dwarf. Potts is a decent size, but at six two and 247, he's nowhere near Soa's size - considering Soa cuts to get to 265.

He needs to take on a monster. Any ideas?

That's why he did so well against Cormier?

I like Soa but his three wins have come against bottom-level Hws.
His real test will come next, when he fights a better HW. I can see him fighting Jared Rosholt actually, probably as co-main event on the Oklahoma UFN card in the summer.

Palelei vs AbuSchabi is the way to go.

Back