Palelei vs Overeem

Soa should fight Gonzaga, Stipe, Mitrione, Schaub, Nelson. Something like that.

Reem would probably murder him, give Soa another lower level guy so he can get a nice streak going. Then give him Gonzaga.

gets past someone like Roy,Mitrione or Shaub,give him Overeem .

Sao by absolute murder is is thread serious, I swear Overeem gets knocked out every other fight and you want him to go up against a dude who his double digit ko streak? This has 1st round ko written all over it.

Ok, I egg that Soa has power, but is this a joke? I think Reem will win, based on the fact I don't think Soa can Kayo him with punches on her bottom. And that is not a joke, anything, anything Soa touches Reem with, even a glancing blow will hurt him bad, but I think he could avoid damage in Soa's guard, and pound him out, submit, or grind out a UD. But come on he'd be a clear favorite here. I want to see Stipe vs Reem if Stipe bears brawlDonado, winner fights Cain. Yeah it's lazy as fuck and others deserve it more. Maybe winner of Reem vs Stipe fights winner of Hunt vs Roy??? HW is so thin and Cain can't fight Bigfoot or JDS for awhile, if ever!

What has Overeem demonstrated in the UFC that shows he can hang with any of the top 10 heavyweights? A snoozefest decision over a broken down Frank Mir does not erase him getting smoked by Bigfoot and Browne.

Soa by crushing KO

Try watching Overeem fight before giving a retarded opinion? Smoked by Bigfoot? He owned the shit out of Bigfoot in the first 2 rounds until he got way too cocky and got caught in the 3rd. As for Browne, let's just say that Yamasuckass is a terrible ref. Let's also forget that he beat Werdum.

But yeah, Soa, the guy who beaten nothing but cans and lost to one in Eddie Sanchez has demonstrated so much more...

Lol, are you implying Soa is a new contender?

Crushing some guy from South Africa and the worst Pat Barry we've ever seen means a lot, apparently.

Dude, he destroyed Krylov too. Very convenient for you to leave out that amazing fight against a top flite UFC fighter. Next you'll forget how he almost defeated a prime Eddie Sanchez after he gave CroCop all he could handle, and let Gonzaga take care of the rest.

Last edited:
both hit hard

overems chin doesn't seem too good

haven't really seen Paleli hit but if he has a Mark Hunt chin, Overeem is in trouble

Palelei needs to fight 'at least' one more mid tier fighter before he steps in with a top 10 in Overeem.
& still, I think Overeem can KO anyone outside of the top 10
Ecoreem will easily decision Palelei
Remember Soa's first stint in the UFC? Didn't go so well.
If he can be carefully built up, which I believe the UFC is trying to do with him, fighting slightly better competition in each fight, then hopefully after 4-5 solid wins Soa will be ready for top 10 competition.

Lol, are you implying Soa is a new contender?

Crushing some guy from South Africa and the worst Pat Barry we've ever seen means a lot, apparently.

He's the closest thing to a new contender the HW division has. It's not like there's fresh new talent exactly.

And either way Bigfoot or Barnett (Bigfoot would be better) would be a good read if he has anything to offer at the higher levels.

Nobody's being serious....or are you telling me some of these people think Soa will destroy Reem??

I guarantee you many people are serious.

I've learned through experience that there's a significant percentage of people who judge fighters purely on their last 2-3 fights and/or their current streak.

He's the closest thing to a new contender the HW division has. It's not like there's fresh new talent exactly.

And either way Bigfoot or Barnett (Bigfoot would be better) would be a good read if he has anything to offer at the higher levels.

That's really a leap in comp. He's more on pace to fight a Struve or Mitrione at this point. Bigfoot is really good, top five at this point in time. Maybe Frank Mir? Don't get me wrong this three KO in a row streak in the UFC has me so happy for him, but he hasn't earned anything near a top ten fight. He can fight the winner of Struve/Mitrione, or possibly give Frank Mir his retirement fight. He wins that, winner of Schuab/AA. Baby steps man he hasn't faced anybody in the top 20 yet.

For those saying beating Sons of Anarchy does nothing for Reem... sometimes beating a guy with momentum and buzz is just as important as beating someone with a good ranking.

Werdum
Miocic
Browne

All guys who have never had a title shot yet that are way closer than Soa. Werdum is a lock, and if Miocic can keep his win streak going, and Browne can string together a couple more, they both can end up fighting for the belt. Add to that the fact that Cain will be out for some time with an injury, and we have the next couple of years worth of title shots just with those 3 guys alone.

Even Schaub is closer than Soa at this point.

Werdum
Miocic
Browne

All guys who have never had a title shot yet that are way closer than Soa. Werdum is a lock, and if Miocic can keep his win streak going, and Browne can string together a couple more, they both can end up fighting for the belt. Add to that the fact that Cain will be out for some time with an injury, and we have the next couple of years worth of title shots just with those 3 guys alone.

Even Schaub is closer than Soa at this point.

I'm not arguing that those guys aren't closer. I'm saying Soa is a guy who is relatively fresh to the division, and Alistar is still atop HW. Matching them together means one of them will be pretty convincingly eliminated from the list of potential HW fighters who COULD fight for the title in the future. Is Alistar loses to Soa, it's clear he isn't going to be a top contender again. Is Soa loses, he'll lose all of whatever momentum he put together.

All I'm saying is they should be fighting guys who have already lost to Cain at this point if they want to move up the ladder. Not each other. There's interest in Soa that he MAY be able to make a title run and Alistar is already in a position to (whenever he fights again). No need to lose one of them to the other, when they could be paired against guys likes Barnett, JDS, Bigfoot, Nog, etc etc. Or against a guy like Nelson who probably won't ever get to the title. I'm mostly arguing against them fighting each other. You can pair em against whoever you'd like honestly. Not that many options at HW.

For those saying beating Sons of Anarchy does nothing for Reem... sometimes beating a guy with momentum and buzz is just as important as beating someone with a good ranking.

See Gustaffson woopin on Manuwa.

Back