Pain with Perfect Pushup.

Has been a long time since I used them, I know pain is a sign that things arent okay. :rolleyes:

Just wanted to share my experience.

People don't like gimmicks here really. Besides, why did you buy them to begin with? Were you trying to get better at pushups, get stronger, get more endurance, define your triceps and shoulder, what?

Hey at least he didn't buy these. I'm just waiting to hear about peoples injuries from these things.

USV1_W_SHAPEUPSWAVES_AD-lr.jpg

People don't like gimmicks here really. Besides, why did you buy them to begin with? Were you trying to get better at pushups, get stronger, get more endurance, define your triceps and shoulder, what?

Better pushups with less wrist strain. I researched a lot in the internet to see if it was a legit product and I found out it was, there is even someone who posted here that uses it, plenty of reviews across the web. It actually works the muscles quite effectively, but I was among the unlucky ones who felt pain in their non-dominant shoulder.

And Lug, relax. Im a fan of barefoot running/walking. I dont wear shoes with cushion anymore.

So you only care about getting better at pushups then? Have you tried doing small amount of reps and increasing it over time? That is, if the strain happens after doing a certain amount of reps.

It also sounds like you need to strengthen your wrists as some people have already mentioned.

So someone recommended using dumbbells. How would that be any different?

Most of the people hating on the perfect pushups have never used them. At one point the squat rack was a new fangled piece of equipment too.

PP's are a good tool to add to your collection to mix things up. Nothing more and nothing less.

And by the way I have them. I don't use them as often cause I hurt my shoulder doing overhead press(a "proven" exercise.)

Actually it makes the pushups harder. And it allows some nice variations of pushups. I like to play bass, so I dont like the strain that traditional pushups put on the wrists. Im already a horrible bassist, and with fucked up wrists I would be even worse. :icon_lol:

Start playing thrash metal four hours a week or something. Learn to play anything that Steve DiGiorgio plays, but you play it with a pick. I can wrist curl my deadlifts.

Most of the people hating on the perfect pushups have never used them. At one point the squat rack was a new fangled piece of equipment too.

PP's are a good tool to add to your collection to mix things up. Nothing more and nothing less.

And by the way I have them. I don't use them as often cause I hurt my shoulder doing overhead press(a "proven" exercise.)

Τhe squat rack wan never a "new invention", it was just an evolution of ways to get the bar to proper height and ways to spot a squat (from placing the bar on makeshift platforms out of wooden boxes, to building something like simple squat stands, to the squat rack that has options for heights, to the power rack).

In this forum "PP" is usually used for push presses, not a gimmicky product name.

You can hurt your self doing any "proven" exercise if you do it with improper form.

Hindu push-ups for the win.
Also ELBOWS IN AND TIGHT. If they aren't already.
Usually I see almost everyone doing half-ass elbows pointing sideways crap push-ups.

Back