Pain with Perfect Pushup.

Human Bass

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
So, I bought those cool devices for pushups and they actually work.

But...
I soon experienced pain in my right shoulder (Im lefty). So I googled about that, I saw many people complaining about pain in their left shoulder, what they call the rotator cuff. Since most people are right handed, I deduced that the Perfect Pushup can cause pain on the non-dominant shoulder in some folks. Hence the "some", since most people seem to have no problem with it.

So, has anyone here experienced this?

Experienced what, shame?

Yes, the shame of spending money on handles that allow you to do the most basic bodyweight calisthenics movement around that millions of people have been doing for decades with no equipment. That would be my guess too.

Tuck your elbows more when you do pushups.. maybe it wont hurt as much? Also drop your perfect pushups, they are gay. A floor is just fine for doing pushups.

This is my idea of a perfect "push-up":

0443_0395_247.jpg

You really had to buy some stupid device to do pushups?

You really had to buy some stupid device to do pushups?

Actually it makes the pushups harder. And it allows some nice variations of pushups. I like to play bass, so I dont like the strain that traditional pushups put on the wrists. Im already a horrible bassist, and with fucked up wrists I would be even worse. :icon_lol:

Do them on your knuckles then. That's what I do.

Do them on your knuckles then. That's what I do.

I don't do pushups anymore but this.. When I did I always did them on my knuckles cause I used to have chronic wrist pain

Strengthen your wrists, do pushups on the floor, practice bass more.

Actually it makes the pushups harder. And it allows some nice variations of pushups. I like to play bass, so I dont like the strain that traditional pushups put on the wrists. Im already a horrible bassist, and with fucked up wrists I would be even worse. :icon_lol:

Ok, but you could also do them with dumbells on the floor. And to make them harder put weight on your back.

You got a piece of equipment that forces your shoulder to rotate under stress, and wonder why your shoulder hurts?

You got a piece of equipment that forces your shoulder to rotate under stress, and wonder why your shoulder hurts?

The funny thing that the dominant shoulder doesnt hurt at all, just the non-dominant. I wonder if there is a lack of coordination.

Several years ago, I bought the perfect push-up too......I used them for about twenty seconds, and they've sat in the closet ever since. I felt like my IQ dropped ten points the moment I got on the floor with them.

The funny thing that the dominant shoulder doesnt hurt at all, just the non-dominant. I wonder if there is a lack of coordination.
Probably. If you take anything away from this thread, I hope it's this. Cause that's what we've all said: you lack coordination. I mean, at least 20 posters in here have said that's the cause of your shoulder pain. We all agree.

Urban i dont think he wants to lisen he will just be ghey and stick with his "Perfect Pushup" shit.

I like using the Perfect Pushup. I also like using my squat rack. I also like using my kettlebells. I also like using my pullup/dip station. Sometimes I also like going jogging. I also really enjoy my heavy bag.

Bottom line if he likes using the perfect pushup that's fine but should stop if it's causing pain.

Urban i dont think he wants to lisen he will just be ghey and stick with his "Perfect Pushup" shit.

Has been a long time since I used them, I know pain is a sign that things arent okay. :rolleyes:

Just wanted to share my experience.

Back