pain in wrist

Discussion in 'The Lightweights' started by ACzeMiky, Jan 4, 2015.

1. ACzeMiky

ACzeMiky White Belt

Hi guys, about 3-4 weeks ago I hit the heavy bag without gloves with hard right hook and after that I felt some pain in my wrist. I thought it isn't that bad because after about 10 seconds the pain was gone. But from that time every time I hit the bag with my right hand hard I felt pain in the wrist. Even when I am shaking hand with someone and he squeeze my hand hard it's painful as hell. When it hurts it hurts in wrist and in metacarpal bones area... But it isn't swollen, It doesn't hurt me when I am on on the heavy bag without gloves, nothing. So I think that it isn't broken. Whats your thoughts guys? Did you have something similar before? Thank you guys.

2. PivotPunch

PivotPunch Red Belt

Obviosuly stop punching things until it your wrist is ok again. If you wanna be safe go to a doctor maybe it's fractured or soemthign and needs like 2 - 3 weeks rest.
    But not punching anything with that hand or putting any form of pressure on the wrist is something obvious I don't know why you keep hitting the heavybag if you know that something is wrong with your wrist

3. Kanka

Kanka Black Belt

Dude yeah seriously let your wrist heal. I got a tfcc tear and kept training so it didnt heal properly and now one and a half year later it still hurts like hell

4. a guy

a guy Black Belt

The only thing worse than sitting out because of a stupid injury is being sidelined for months because you ignored a stupid injury.

5. TeTe

TeTe Favorite Worst Nightmare Staff Member Senior Moderator

Probably a sprain at this point. Yeah, don't hit the bag anymore until the pain goes away.. and at least use some bag gloves next time...

6. ACzeMiky

ACzeMiky White Belt

That's crap. If it would be sprain I wouldn't be able to move my hand right? And of course I am using gloves on the training but I have a heavy bag at home and when I am going around it I always punch to it at last once and I hit it too much. It doesn't hurt, only when I throw strong right cross. Then its dayum painfull... But after few seconds the pain goes away. I have this problem for about 4 weeks now.

7. AllKickboxing

AllKickboxing White Belt

Ouch. I had a similar problem with both of my wrists. In addition to gloves, hand-wraps are a godsend. I suggest that you let it rest and work on other exercises that can improve your boxing, such as working on your movement and conditioning. Cheers.

8. Aikidoka

Aikidoka Chief Troublemaker Double Yellow Card

You are either hitting the bag incorrectly (with the last two knuckles) or your bag is too hard (if home made). If your bag is not home made, the probable cause is that the way you hit the hook was wrong. Let your hand heal for a week without hitting anything and not putting much strain on your hand.

9. TheyAllFloat

TheyAllFloat Orange Belt

I have had problems with both my wrists which sounds similar to what you describe. Now I never touch the bag or pads unless im wearing wraps and have at least 12-16 ounce gloves. When doing pad rounds I also noticed a huge difference when I changed my hooks from palm down to palm facing. If you can't rest it try using strapping tape in conjunction with wraps and bigger gloves and anti inflams.

10. ThunderL1ps

ThunderL1ps Red Belt

You probably fractured your hamate bone.

Go get an ultra sound on it to be sure.