Pain from squatting?

Rebel_LioN

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
After a year of squatting, my hips have gotten really tight and sometimes it cracks. It's real uncomfortable at times and I'm not at all flexible in my range of motion these days, and I'm not sure if this is a result of that.

I thought squatting was supposed to strengthen my hips? What went wrong? I've emphasized on correct form and everything I don't think I've been doing them incorrectly

I've been doing these stretches too but to no avail.

golf_stretching_butterfly.gif

Stretching0408j_00000003252.jpg

Take a video of your squat and post for feedback.

Mobility work; dynamic stretching.

If I squat after not doing mobility work and not properly warming up, I end up feeling tight and sore.

If I squat after warming up properly and doing mobility work, I will feel looser and more flexible after the session.

Foam roll your quads, hamstrings, and glutes thoroughly before every squat session. Not only will it alleviate the pain, you'll also be able to squat deeper.

If you foam roll, you also won't feel the need to stretch as much. Stretching too much is not good for you and can leave you sorer and tighter than before.

I wish I could tell ya. I f'd up my hip squatting and have been on a two month hiatus. I tried to get under the bar yesterday, but still no nice.

Thanks for the feedback. I just ordered myself a foam roller on amazon. Will be coming back to this thread once I receive it

Back