Pain/clicking in rear delts

ImmigrantMentality

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Mostly during pressing movements, but also during pull ups. What's strange is that it happens when I'm performing the movements with my shoulders in, which is supposed to be healthiest for your shoulders but for me that's what's aggravating my shoulder the most. It doesn't do it when my arms are out wider and my triceps are more flared out. The pain/clicking seems to be around my scapula area.

Hard to help with the info provided. Clicking isn't necessarily cause for concern but pain is.
Maybe post some videos of you performing the exercises that cause pain? Could be a technique issue.

Hard to help with the info provided. Clicking isn't necessarily cause for concern but pain is.
Maybe post some videos of you performing the exercises that cause pain? Could be a technique issue.
I don't think it's a technique issue because I didn't have problems before until I injured it at work a couple years ago.

That doesn't mean you don't have a form issue.

There's no question in your first post. What are you looking for?

when I went to physical therapy for my shoulder tear I found out that my rear delts were not nearly as strong as I thought they were. Even though I did rear delt specific exercises they weren't really hitting that range of motion as it needed to be. So essentially they gave me a 15-minute program of jerking off strangers with weights. It literally look like I was practicing for a gang bang. Lay on a yoga ball with a dumbbell in each hand and give handjobs from every possible angle. 4 sets of 10. I'm the beginning I could legit not do 1 pound. Got up to 12 and then couldn't find a way to balance myself any more. So added reps.

So arms up on a y
Then out in a t
Then arms at sides pulling from in front to behind you
Get in good bench position for all of it, no winging
Doorway stretches

There was more but this is what I kept and just made something I do now

Back