Paige wasn't actually out

OK well even if she wasn't she stopped fighting the choke and just decided to lay there so she was don either way.

If you threw a red rock into the ocean what would it be?

For what it's worth.

As soon as Waterson released her she raised her head.
She went limp. She stopped fighting the choke and closed her eyes. Whether she was really out or not, she gave the impression that she did so it was a perfectly good stoppage.

She looked pretty out to me; she wasn't choked to the point of being absolutely unconscious. But that really shouldn't happen if the ref does his job.

she needed to be saved by the ref from death is more the point kid

She went limp. She was out. I'm not a fan of hers either, but she was fighting hard to get out of that choke. I doubt she was faking anything. That choke was deep.

pvz.jpg

Paige is still my favorite wmma fighter.

I hope waterson fight for the title next, she could beat jj, IMO.

Though she wasn't dancing with the stars she was seeing ones for sure tonight. Pretty much out.

I'd like to hear her opinion on the thing, would like her to confirm whether she was out.

I presume she was out, because she went limp, her face was purple and the choke had been in for almost 40 seconds.

She didn't contest the stoppage, I think she was out.

she wasn't out, she just woke up after his brain received blood due to Waterson releasing the choke.

If she didnt go out why did both her arms drop like wet spaghetti noodles and she stopped moving? Either she out or she was faking like she was.

She wasn't actually out, and she wasn't actually getting out of that tight spot.

you've never been in a choke, have you?
she was in a choke for nearly a minute so don't be stupid about it. If she survived that long, it's safe to assume she could keep surviving.

She didnt complain once about the stoppage. Also her arms went limp and she stopped moving.... I think thats a good reason to stop the fight, regardless of how quickly she recovered after

I have no idea, but all I know is Ive never seen someone wake up as quickly after being "out" in my life

Same, and that's from someone who has applied many of those chokes and who has tapped to a fair number of them (and gone out from a few). It was over no matter what, but I wonder if she faked going out to avoid having to tap. If the choke is tight and applied perfectly, you don't have time to think--you pretty much go out right away. But it seemed like the choke, though tight, wasn't perfect. Who knows, maybe Paige knew she was going to lose no matter what and feigned unconsciousness to force the stoppage and avoid the tap. It's impossible to know, and it's kind of hard to imagine someone having the presence of mind to do something like that in the middle of a fight, but the finish looked odd and that's the only explanation (besides that maybe she did go out for a split second) that I can come up with. In the end, it doesn't matter and the result is the same.

Back