Paige VanZant signs multi-fight deal with Bare Knuckle FC

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
MMA Junkie on Wednesday confirmed with multiple people close to the situation that VanZant (8-5 MMA) has signed an exclusive, multi-fight contract with Bare Knuckle FC. The people requested anonymity because the promotion has yet to make an official announcement.

ESPN first reported the news after VanZant teased signing a new deal on Instagram.

The news said "multi-million deal". How tf does BKFC have millions to throw at PVZ? I really like PVZ, but this looks like a horrible decision...unless the multi-million thing is true, then getting your head bashed in exchange for millions is a good deal.

She'll be out of there within two years and in Bellator or retired, bet on it.

She'll be out of there within two years and in Bellator or retired, bet on it.
Retired, if Scott Coker didn't get on that business now he won't once she's even more used up.

I expect Paige to break her hands and remain in a strictly behind the desk position. Probably something similar to what Laura Sanko does.

The news said "multi-million deal". How tf does BKFC have millions to throw at PVZ? I really like PVZ, but this looks like a horrible decision...unless the multi-million thing is true, then getting your head bashed in exchange for millions is a good deal.
probably not per fight. they'll probably use her once to get eyes on the promotion and then she'll likely get beaten so badly that she'll never fight again

I like this. Hopefully she gets decent matches and dont throw her in the deep end off the bat just because she has a name.

probably not per fight. they'll probably use her once to get eyes on the promotion and then she'll likely get beaten so badly that she'll never fight again

it said it was a million "with incentives"

so shes probably on 50k to show, 50k to win, if she wins that next fight is 100/100, if she wins that next fight is 150/150, and if she wins her first three then fourth fight is 200/200

so she can get 1m if she reaches all her incentives

I wonder how low the Bellator offer was that she turned it down. Bellator always overpays so the fact that they chose not to this time is interesting.

I would wager a guess she’ll get points on ppv, Merch, gate, and things like that along with a good purse.
I like this. Hopefully she gets decent matches and dont throw her in the deep end off the bat just because she has a name.
theyll probably feed her Easy opponents. If you’re building your brand off of someone it’s in your best interst that they win

Coker will still chase after PVZ even if she looks bad in BNF....Bellator will still pay big $$$ for WMMA chick who looks good even if her record is 3-4 or what ever it is...LOL

The owner is very hung up on what people have for social media following and he seems to base his payouts on this. My guess he is spending investor money. The dude just prays that these followers will buy the PPV.

I've never really heard any rumored numbers of any BKFC as it pertains to PPV buys outside of Mag vs Lobov bout that the owner threw out 200K and Metzler came back with about 18K. He also mentioned that its is very rare in combat sports to pull more than 25k outside of the UFC and top boxers. Even if it did 25 to 30K a PVZ card might be lucky to get 7K in buys.

Based on some the reported numbers being thrown around to pay guys they have to be bleeding money. Chances are BKFC will fail over being around for 10 more events.

Coker will still chase after PVZ even if she looks bad in BNF....Bellator will still pay big $$$ for WMMA chick who looks good even if her record is 3-4 or what ever it is...LOL

Of course he will.

I'd love to know what Coker offered her.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back