Paige Vanzant: Possible Title Shot next?

The thing i still cant get over is how bad she looked. She has always been a "decent" (extremely average) fighter imo i mean she hung with rose for 5 rounds albeit getting wrecked the whole time but still hung in there and also was able to finish a few other "decent" fighters as well but she looked worse than ever last night literally was getting dominated except for 2 grappling exchanges.
i dont think 125 is the weight class for her tbh. she'll be undersized in most matchups

Give JJ an easy fight. She'd brutalize PVZ

If she lost she’d be on the edge of being kicked out of the ufc

After reading this stupid thread, I am happy I'll never read any of TS' threads or posts in the future, welcome to my ignore list you stupid troll.

Her three fight win streak is weak. Two split decisions in that time, and prior to that four straight losses. Eye is not good.

She’s far better suited to 25 than 35 though if we look at the totality of her career. She’s an outmatched potential challenger but the division needs people to fight Valentina regardless of their chances.

No, Paige does NOT deserve a title shot. She's lost several fights in the UFC and she came back after a long layoff to pick up a win against an opponent who's still wet behind the ears in the octagon. If anything she should get a fight against a top 5 opponent to truly see where she is. If she wins that fight then after that a possible title eliminator. And if she prevails there then a title shot would be deserved. She's got a long way to go...

Maybe a Jell-O shot

Lipski is young, only 24 years old, there is time for her to improve her game.

As far as strikers in the division to face Valentina, there is Jo Jo Calderwood and Andrea "KGB" Lee.

For that matter, Jessica Eye outstruck striker Sarah Kaufman for a win (that was taken away from her because of cannabis).
Jojo is a polished striker but she is mainly good as a hammer. Her boxing defense isn't great. I have no faith in Eye as a good challenger. She doesn't have the diversity in her strikes to matchup well with Valentina. Out of all these girls, I am assuming JoJo would be the most suitable challenger. KGB's striking pedigree is regional amateur champion? She is also a bit slow for some reason.

She was losing to a a fighter with now a losing record. Other than couple of fun transitions the fight looked pathetic. Both fighters looked horrible. This is the level of competition PVZ needs to fight to stay in the UFC.

why not paige vs jojo? wouldnt that make a bit more sense?
Jojo started ranked 10th and will move up

Pvz will be lucky to be ranked

Why should jojo fight someone ranked 5-10 places below her

On a more serious note booking a striker against Shevchenko is no challenge at all, maybe Joanna if she took a year off to put on some real muscle - she was kind of rushed into the title scrap. But Eye, Chookagian, JoJo, no chance. A real contest would involve someone with a skillset that isn't Val's main strength - Carmouche, even Eubanks or Maia.

Realistically though we'll have to wait a couple of years for the Suarez Champ Champ challenge.

Jojo started ranked 10th and will move up

Pvz will be lucky to be ranked

Why should jojo fight someone ranked 5-10 places below her
i see why ur thinking that. i was think along the lines of how ufc thinks. i cant disagree with your train of thought.. typically ufc likes winner vs winner, especially from the same card. jojo's win over lipski does very little for her. paige's win over ostavich improved her positions slightly more than jojo's. im not sure why paige should be fighting lipski, unranked in ufc, who just lost. paige main evented two fight nights.

again, i can agree with u to a certain extent

just bleed god would love this. I feel bad for these chicks thinking they can beat the bullet lol.

lol dana said jessica eye was up next for 125 title shot...

fellow sherdoggers...!!! can you believe this crap?? JESSICA EYE is getting a title shot

its crazy. shes obviously a really cool person, kinda cute, sex appeal, nice body and whatever, but for her to get a title shot. whoulda thunk? i mean, i guess they kept her around after a 4 fight losing streak.. and being 1-5 1NC in the ufc before switching weight classes

She was undefeated at 125 before moving up to 135 for the UFC. She remains undefeated at 125 after moving back to 125.

Back