Paging all Karate guys! Trying to find a karate fighter that I found on Sherdog

RabbitPunch36

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I am trying to find a karate fighter I think from a point karate (maybe from knockdown karate) background who knocked out a lot fighters with flying/acrobatic jump kicks. I am pretty sure the guy was from the UK and I think his first name might have been John. I remember the guy also being lighter skin black and the footage of him was grainy and probably from the 70's, 80's, maybe 90's. I am asking sherdog because I remember someone posting videos of him in a karate thread.
@Azam
@AndyMaBobs
@shinkyoku
@Tayski
@Hotora86

I'm not a karate guy I'm afraid! Muay Thai thru and thru, so I am really not sure.

Do you remember the ruleset he competed in?

I am trying to find a karate fighter I think from a point karate (maybe from knockdown karate) background who knocked out a lot fighters with flying/acrobatic jump kicks. I am pretty sure the guy was from the UK and I think his first name might have been John. I remember the guy also being lighter skin black and the footage of him was grainy and probably from the 70's, 80's, maybe 90's. I am asking sherdog because I remember someone posting videos of him in a karate thread.
@Azam
@AndyMaBobs
@shinkyoku
@Tayski
@Hotora86
Point Karate and knockdown karate are two completely different formats. You'll have to be more precise.

For the UK the prime Karate org used to be the KUGB. He's a list of their kumite champs from the 60s to 90s, maybe it's one of them:

Point Karate and knockdown karate are two completely different formats. You'll have to be more precise.

For the UK the prime Karate org used to be the KUGB. He's a list of their kumite champs from the 60s to 90s, maybe it's one of them:
Sorry bro its been a while I honestly am not sure if the guy was competing in knockdown or point karate. All I remember is that the guy had a really long highlight (7 minutes+) of knocking people out with singular flying kicks and other acrobatic moves.

I appreciate the database I'll look through it.

Back