Paddy Holohan Says the Irish MMA Invasion 'Goes on Forever'

Hon the Hostibal!

Think people are misconstruing his words here. He means Irish fighters will keep coming over and fighting in the UFC rather than echoing Pendred's ridiculous "coming to take over" statement.

Paddy is a dumbass then. They have 1 great fighter, in the FW division & that's it. That's supposed to be forever. The others really don't even belong in the organization.

I'm part Irish, born on St. Patricks day & named after it btw. Good for McGregor paving for their careers though.

Brazil woud be a better example, tons of great fighters. I'm have no hate of them, but just a very shortsighted statement. If it wasn't for Conor, I feel Irish people wouldn't give a damn about mma

What's he ment to say? "Irish mma? , were pretty pish to be honest , that Conor boy is good the rest of us are overrated and will get cut soon"

Maybe your the dumbass.

Mcgregor and paul felder yeah.

Patrick holohan. No.

The guy who lost his last two matches but somehow got the decisions. Lol no way.

This whole event was Paddy's coming out party.

It was built around Paddy and he lost in front his home crowd

Caucasus invasion > Irish invasion.

Do you mean people from the Caucasus? All the best fighters from Russian are Caucasians (Chechens, Avars, etc). I guess you could consider them "European" but if you're implying there's some inherent ethnic/racial quality to them that makes them superior, than you shouldn't call them Eastern European, since that usually means Slavic. They are completely unrelated to Slavs.

Eastern European was perhaps not the best terminology. I was referring to people like Chechens.

Duffy looked great in his UFC debut.

But what does Lucky Patrick have to say about it?

At least that Ward guy from Bellator won yesterday...

He's kind of Irish. So, Ireland still has that going on, I guess?

This and I think the same applies to GSP and Canada, great post.
Conor is a true phenom in MMA striking, a phenomenal athlete with an unquestionable heart. Even Aldos few remaining fans know deep down that Conor would have turned up with that injury everytime and that says it all.

Sure. And like Aldo he wouldn't have been cleared to fight. :icon_neut

Back