Padded fingerless gloves vs. traditional boxing gloves

OZ! said:
You don't hit correctly. You should be able to punch cement after training right. Your knuckles should resemble rocks. Boxers brake their hands more than anybody cause of those big gloves. Take em off and learn right. If your hands hurt invest in a makiware bag to help strengthen them up.
knuckles3.jpg

yeah. Proper bareknuckle punching is severely undertaught. I'd rather punch with no support (tape up my wrists only) and learn to make a proper fist, work the heavy bag, than work those damn gloves again. The closest I do is maybe my fairtex mma gloves (but I'll never do fairtex again).

zfolwick said:
yeah. Proper bareknuckle punching is severely undertaught. I'd rather punch with no support (tape up my wrists only) and learn to make a proper fist, work the heavy bag, than work those damn gloves again. The closest I do is maybe my fairtex mma gloves (but I'll never do fairtex again).
haha you say that now but wait till you're older and your wife has to open your jar of jelly cause your hands are ridden with arthritis

well at least I'll be able to tell when it's going to rain!

fatmanroller said:
haha you say that now but wait till you're older and your wife has to open your jar of jelly cause your hands are ridden with arthritis

You get arthritus from weak joints. MAs that don't do proper strength training have that problem, not real martial artists. :rolleyes:

Use the heaviest boxing gloves you can find for bag work. No sense in injuring your hands/wrists. Make sure to wrap up tight.......When you hit heavies with heavier gloves you work harder too, then switch to small gloves for pad/mitt work and see the difference in hand-speed. It'll teach you good habits too, if you can hold up the big gloves nice and hi, when you switch to smaller ones it is even easier.......just my 2 cents

Why would you throw thousands of punches with a boxing glove in the gym and then go into an MMA fight and use 6 OZ gloves and throw like 30 punches incorrectly? You will not be used to hitting with 6 OZ gloves.

Back