Pad stand?

grrthetree

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I saw on TUF Wednesday that some guys on Forrest's team were using this wierd looking thing, it had 2 punching mitts on it in a 90 degree angle and they would hit it like a trainer was holding pads. Has anyone ever used this and if so how does it compare to a trainer with mitts, and where could you buy one?

I saw on TUF Wednesday that some guys on Forrest's team were using this wierd looking thing, it had 2 punching mitts on it in a 90 degree angle and they would hit it like a trainer was holding pads. Has anyone ever used this and if so how does it compare to a trainer with mitts, and where could you buy one?

http://www.centurymartialarts.com/Targets_and_Shields/Focusmaster.aspx

It's a Focus Master. I guess it can be used as a fun tool, but it's not worth the price. A simple heavy bag is a highly more practical tool than this can ever be.

NO - nothing can compare to a trainer and focus mitts.

Basically this is an over priced near useless waste of time and money.

If you feel like dropping a grand why not, it looks like it would be at least some fun, once again not recommended as a serious training apparatus.

Yeah, bit of a gimmick really.

The whole point of padwork is that the trainer moves around and simulates an opponent as much as possible. All that frame does is give you a flimsy version of the bag that limits how many ways you can hit it.

Having said that, I remember seeing boxer Chris Eubank working on some wall mounted contraption that had padding for straight shots, hooks and uppercuts that looked pretty sturdy

We have one at our gym and it realloy isn't too shabby if you are working by yourself.

Back