Pacquiao vs Khan 2016

I can see Khan having spots of success, but Pacquiao is too fast and too good not to catch up to him and hurt him at some point, and once he starts to hurt Amir, it's would be one way traffic. I wouldn't mind seeing it.

Manny ducking Crawford.

what? you can't duck somebody that's not in your division

crawford barely planted his feet at 140, he's not going directly to 147 just to face an offensive dynamo like Pac without adjusting to the weight class properly and facing other top 147ers

Khan gets TKOd. His chin is better at 147, but it's still not strong enough to stand against Manny, regardless of Manny's poor power transition at 147. Khan might make him look bad for a few rounds. He's faster and he'll throw in higher volume with a bigger diversity of punches; Pac will have a hard time getting past Khan throwing several jabs at once and then moving out of range with his foot speed and might get stunned by some crazy combination of punches (maybe a body shot if Khan is smart). But Khan's chin will eventually get found and Manny's got the speed to keep the pressure on if Khan gets wobbly. If Pac can't get a stoppage here, it really means his killer instinct is gone.

as one of the biggest Khan fans on this page, I'm surprised that people are picking Khan.

Not a cherry pick by Pac either. Regardless of style matchups, Khan is a deserving contender and a good fighter.
Who's picking khan to win? If anyone did in this thread I totally missed it.

Dejulez, but he hates Pacquaio....

I'm sure Cuban23 will as well..

if Consortium were here he would have a 15 page dissertation as to why Khan will win and he has had the better career and more worthy of entering the boxing hall of fame.

hmmm, perhaps i misread the thread as well

well, dejulez did I think, for whatever that counts for (seems to have a soft spot for pakistanis)

I dont really recall Pacquiao hurting Bradley at all. Did he?

Yeah, a few times in both fights. At the end of the seventh round in the second fight, he practically had Bradley out on his feet.

if Consortium were here he would have a 15 page dissertation as to why Khan will win and he has had the better career and more worthy of entering the boxing hall of fame.
Lot of hypotheticals, and who cares anyway, it's just opinions(although if people really think khan wins they deserve ridicule and to be giggled at) I will just enjoy the fight.

if Consortium were here he would have a 15 page dissertation that he took from Sharkey as to why Khan will win and he has had the better career and more worthy of entering the boxing hall of fame.

fixed.

Fun fight, just a matter of if Pac stops him or not, imo. Khan's a good fighter but Pac's still got enough left to beat the shit out of him if he feels like it.

Lot of hypotheticals, and who cares anyway, it's just opinions(although if people really think khan wins they deserve ridicule and to be giggled at) I will just enjoy the fight.

Eh, some UFCtard thinks it's a cherry pick by Arum and a Pac hater thinks Khan wins by KO.

It's a fun fight.

Eh, some UFCtard thinks it's a cherry pick by Arum and a Pac hater thinks Khan wins by KO.

It's a fun fight.

I agree it will be a fun fight.

It just seems this forum is one big Pac vs floyd argument again it's just who is more of a cherry picker now. Personally I don't think either are cherry picks. Both guys have done enough to where they can fight whoever they want for any reason, it doesn't matter. Sure I'd rather floyd berto for free(it will be anyway thanks to the Internet) but whatever.

8y5ABu4.gif

Khan has not looked all that impressive recently himself. Pac is too quick and too skilled not to nail Khan at some point. I'm thinking Khan starts well boxing, may even win a few rounds, gets tagged and hurt a few times and finally TKO'd around the 8th after being dropped a 2-3 times in the previous rounds.

Seems like a pretty easy style matchup for Pac but he seemed pretty disinterested in the Mayweather fight.Its possible his heart isn't in the sport anymore.

Possibly but then fighting Mayweather is nothing but frustrating especially for a fighter like Pac who prefers more static opponents. Someone like Khan who will try to land multi punch combinations and leave big opponents as he does might fire up Manny especially as he's hurtable.

Will be fun to see their hand speed against each other.

Back