Pacquiao vs Khan 2016

I love to shit on Khan but its not as piss poor as we pretend. Ask Maidana.

It really is.

Maidana is a poor example really, plenty of referees would have stopped that fight, Khan was completely out on his feet and badly hurt. Yeah he survived, but not without going through hell first. If Pac ever gets him that hurt, he isn't surviving.

Even if you give him credit for that, you still must consider it one of the worst chins in the division.

Pac's power has been hitting much sturdier chins than Khan over the last few years. Not stopping Margarito, Rios etc doesn't mean much when talking about Amir.

Surviving against one the heaviest hitters is a poor example. Lol.

And conversely, Khan has more fire power than most of them. Pac isnt opening up for a finish.

Surviving against one the heaviest hitters is a poor example. Lol.

And conversely, Khan has more fire power than most of them. Pac isnt opening up for a finish.

Yes of course is it, when praising a fighters chin, you don't reference a fight in which he is badly, badly hurt for a full 2 rounds in a fight most referee's would have stopped.

You can't just focus on the end result and forget what actually happened in the fight. He got hurt badly.

Khan isn't a big puncher at 147, his power is completely unproven at this weight and has so far been insignificant. Yeah he has good offense but that's what makes him vulnerable. What did that firepower do against Garcia?

I don't want to get stuck into a debate about the Maidana fight, it is what it is. My two main points are true here.

- Khan has one of the worst chins in the division (not many would argue against this)

- Pacquiao hasn't fought a guy with a chin as weak as Khan's in a long time.

Yes of course is it, when praising a fighters chin, you don't reference a fight in which he is badly, badly hurt for a full 2 rounds in a fight most referee's would have stopped.

You can't just focus on the end result and forget what actually happened in the fight. He got hurt badly.

Khan isn't a big puncher at 147, his power is completely unproven at this weight and has so far been insignificant. Yeah he has good offense but that's what makes him vulnerable. What did that firepower do against Garcia?

I don't want to get stuck into a debate about the Maidana fight, it is what it is. My two main points are true here.

- Khan has one of the worst chins in the division (not many would argue against this)

- Pacquiao hasn't fought a guy with a chin as weak as Khan's in a long time.

And Pac could have put Algieri away but didnt.... The ref could have stopped it but didnt.... Like I said, Khan will probably get dominated, but a stoppage isnt really likely. When is the last time you saw Pac hurt someone and really go after it in follow up? He doesnt anymore and he doesnt for a reason. Hes cautious, and rightfully so.

Seem to think Im saying it will be close or competitive and thats not the case.

And Pac could have put Algieri away but didnt.... The ref could have stopped it but didnt.... Like I said, Khan will probably get dominated, but a stoppage isnt really likely. When is the last time you saw Pac hurt someone and really go after it in follow up? He doesnt anymore and he doesnt for a reason. Hes cautious, and rightfully so.

Seem to think Im saying it will be close or competitive and thats not the case.

I really do struggle to understand how you could say a stoppage is unlikely.

Pacquiao has been fighting very durable opposition, you talk about Algieri, the guy went in with Provodnikov, he is tough as nails. Just like Rios, Bradley, Mosley,Margarito, Clottey.

That's why Pacquiao hasn't got stoppages, he's hurt most of them but they are guys who are known to survive. No one stop these guys but we are meant to be dissapointed when Pac doesn't? Your focusing too much on Pac and too little on the guys he's hitting.

Khan is a few levels below these guys in terms of durability. Pacquiao destroys fighters with weak chins.

Again, let me know the last time Pac followed up and really went for it after cracking someone.

Floyd fight is a perfect example when he nailed him on the ropes.

Again, let me know the last time Pac followed up and really went for it after cracking someone.

Floyd fight is a perfect example when he nailed him on the ropes.

He went for it plenty against Floyd when he hurt him, he had him on the ropes and unloaded at least 20 punches. Just so happens he was fighting possibly the best defensive fighter ever and some of the best recovery skills around.

He put it on Bradley plenty as well, he was nailing Bradley on the ropes in the second fight. The dude almost killed Margarito.

And like I've already said, all these guys you are talking about have much better chins than Khan, so it really does mean nothing.

Feel free to point me to the last time Pacquiao hurt a fighter with a chin as bad as Khan's and never finished him.

Pac cracked Floyd with his best shot and backed off....

Pac hasnt went for it since the last JMM fight, and rightfully.

have any of his last 6-7 opponents been finished?

Mayweather?

Algeri?
Bradley?
Rios?
Bradley?
Marquez?
Clottey?
Marquez?

Khan gets hurt and hit often...he gets finished, unless Pacquaio takes it easy on him because they once had the same trainer.

No none of them have been finished but Pac managed to hurt all of them. Maybe it is a little bit more likely that he gets the knockout here than I thought.

No none of them have been finished but Pac managed to hurt all of them. Maybe it is a little bit more likely that he gets the knockout here than I thought.

watch what a slower, softer punching Algeri was able to accomplish...

now watch Pacquiao.

Pacquiao gets the stoppage and Dejulez and/or Cuban (and Consoritum if he wasn't so gutless and still here) will saying something to diminish the performance per norm.

Pac cracked Floyd with his best shot and backed off....

Pac hasnt went for it since the last JMM fight, and rightfully.

We will agree to disagree as we are going around in the circles. I really don't see the point in discussing guys Pac never stopped who have much better chins than Khan.

I'll be backing the stoppage all the way.

Khan runs till pac catches up to him then khan gets KTFO

We will agree to disagree as we are going around in the circles. I really don't see the point in discussing guys Pac never stopped who have much better chins than Khan.

I'll be backing the stoppage all the way.

Its not a matter of him not stopping them. Its a matter of him not going for the finish. He hurts everyone, the difference now is that he doesnt go for the kill. Hes more cautious.

Nice cherrypick by Arum.
No chin Khan gets stopped.

Does every fight involving may or Pac have to be a cherry pick?

I always thought khan would fight the loser of May vs Pac and pac coming off his surgery and a loss, fighting khan makes sense to me.

I dont really recall Pacquiao hurting Bradley at all. Did he?

watch what a slower, softer punching Algeri was able to accomplish...

now watch Pacquiao.

Pacquiao gets the stoppage and Dejulez and/or Cuban (and Consoritum if he wasn't so gutless and still here) will saying something to diminish the performance per norm.

True on your first point. However, I doubt khan fights manny the same way he fought algieri. Khan knew Algieri was a feather fisted fighter. He also knows back could rearrange his grill piece, so I doubt he opens up as much against pac

Khan gets TKOd. His chin is better at 147, but it's still not strong enough to stand against Manny, regardless of Manny's poor power transition at 147. Khan might make him look bad for a few rounds. He's faster and he'll throw in higher volume with a bigger diversity of punches; Pac will have a hard time getting past Khan throwing several jabs at once and then moving out of range with his foot speed and might get stunned by some crazy combination of punches (maybe a body shot if Khan is smart). But Khan's chin will eventually get found and Manny's got the speed to keep the pressure on if Khan gets wobbly. If Pac can't get a stoppage here, it really means his killer instinct is gone.

as one of the biggest Khan fans on this page, I'm surprised that people are picking Khan.

Not a cherry pick by Pac either. Regardless of style matchups, Khan is a deserving contender and a good fighter.

Back