Pacquiao now tied for 1st for P4P in boxingscene

Been well... Just been traveling my ass off for work. What's good with you, Glass?

Same man, still trying to fit training in-between traveling.

Got ahold of some Serling recently. Amazing stuff. I think the locker room scene with the doctor convincing Maish that Mountain should hang um up was as good as it gets. I've ordered the the Playhouse 90 video with Palance and Keenan Wynn. I hear it's quite the tour-de-force performance.

Same man, still trying to fit training in-between traveling.

Got ahold of some Serling recently. Amazing stuff. I think the locker room scene with the doctor convincing Maish that Mountain should hang um up was as good as it gets. I've ordered the the Playhouse 90 video with Palance and Keenan Wynn. I hear it's quite the tour-de-force performance.

WTF? I understood so little of this, I'm unsure its english.

WTF? I understood so little of this, I'm unsure its english.

It's English. He's referring to Twilight Zone's Rod Serling in one of his other stellar efforts, REQUIEM FOR A HEAVYWEIGHT. It's a great story about a boxer and one time contender named Mountain Rivera, who has hit the low mark, and is now fighting for dimes and takes to the lowly art of wrestling (Nothing against it, but a fighter turning to wrestling has always been frowned upon). This movie focuses on that stage in a fighter's career when he's forced to hang em' up. The proud Mountain Rivera fights to keep his pride intact amidst all of the changes he's faced as an aged fighter. The movie has a very young Cassius Clay in the opening scene beating up on Mountain Rivera. This was in 62, I believe. Ali was not yet champion, but looks every part of the athletic world beater he later became famous for. Glass refers to actors Jack Palance and Keenan Wynn in his post, and they were in the original piece featured on Playhouse 90 in 1956, with Palance playing the broken Mountain McClintock. A year later, the roles saw exposure in the UK, with Sean Connery playing Mountain, and Michael Caine co-starring. However, the Serling written vehicle received such critical acclaim that they later made the movie with Anthony Quinn as Mountain Rivera, and co-starring Mickey Rooney and Jackie Gleason. Serling was an amateur fighter in the military, and thus had a fascination in writing character driven boxing pieces.

Back