Pacquiao now tied for 1st for P4P in boxingscene

Well there is doubt. When there was doubt over who won Mayweather vs Castillo 1 Mayweather erased doubt with a clear cut win in a rematch. Manny said at the post fight press conference that he didn't want to fight Marquez again.

If it was so perfectly clear why did most of the people watching and most of the ringside media score the fight for Marquez.

the only people calling it a clear robbery is the JMM fans that cant handle a loss

Meh. Pacquiao is busier, but the argument could be made that most of his opponents are past their pime.

I don't know man... Floyd has been pulling a "Fedor" lately (ouch MMA reference in the Boxing forum). I like that Pacquiao fights the top of his weight class.

Are they "past their prime" because Pacquiao won?!? I don't agree with that. Outboxing Barrera is quite an accomplishment. KO'ing Morales is also badass. JMM would stomp most anyone in that weight class, but Pac-Man still pulls off the win with putting Marquez in much more danger than Pac ever was in that fight. Morales was a class act in his losses to Pac-Man.

At the moment, I do still have Mayweather at the top, only because the Pac-Mar II fight was so close. If it had been a KO I would have instantly placed Pacquiao over Mayweather. IMHO if Mayweather doesn't give Cotto a shot... Pacquiao is the pound for pound king.

Well there is doubt. When there was doubt over who won Mayweather vs Castillo 1 Mayweather erased doubt with a clear cut win in a rematch. Manny said at the post fight press conference that he didn't want to fight Marquez again.

If it was so perfectly clear why did most of the people watching and most of the ringside media score the fight for Marquez.

You need to understand that Pac's group considers the first fight a robbery because the judge ADMITTED that he incorrectly scored the first round with 7-10 Pac. (the split draw would have become a split decision)
He thought that the most dominant score that could be given was 7-10, rather than deducting a point, not only for winning the round, but also for the knockdowns (which would be 10-9 for winning, then minus 3 for each subsequent flooring, making it 10-6)
I personally would buy Pac-Marquez III without hesitation. Well, to be honest.. I buy all of Pac-Man's fights!

You can't hold anything with boxing gloves because there are no grip on them. You would know this if you have ever boxed before.

You can clearly see that Marquez's glove is simply touching the rope. There is no way possible you can be falling down with no senses and be able to hold your entire bodyweight up holding a rope one handed.

Marquez was badly hurt but that isn't a knock down and it isn't close to being a 10-7 round. Marquez was winning the round before Manny landed the left hand shot that put him down.

Jesus its like being in the MMA forum here with all these Pacman trolls.

Yes you can. Box first..then talk

I'm not sure what you're implying. Yes I think it is. Oscar De La Hoya, Hatton, Zab. All still considered top dogs until Floyd beat them.

DLH was considered a top draw, not top dog. He beat Mayorga for a paper belt, and didn't accomplish much in recent years before that. Zab had lost to Baldomir and the IBF Title being on the line against Mayweather was an absolute sham.

Hatton and Zab > Morales and Barerra

Absolutely terrible, inexcusable assessment. Morales and Barrera individually have more quality World Class wins on their resumes than Hatton and Zab combined.

To me, Morales is about on the level of Augustus when Floyd beat him.

What? Floyd never LOST to Augustus and handily. If you're going to say Morales was shot when Pac won, then Pac beat the shot into him with the violence of the first bout, considering Erik won that one as unquestionably as someone could beat Pac despite it being a tough fight nonetheless.

And Augustus has never done a single thing to be even mentioned in the same sentence as Morales.

To me, when you mix the top fighters Floyd has faced along with the second stringers, its still a bit more impressive.

You say tomato, I say delusional.

Manny already had plans after this marquez fight if he won (which he did)... moving up to 135 to challenge for diaz's belt. after he fights diaz, if marquez comes up to 135 pacquiao will defend that belt

the only people calling it a clear robbery is the JMM fans that cant handle a loss

All the ringside boxing media that scored the fight for Marquez like Juan more then they like Pacman. The Fillipino sports network that scored the fight for Marquez like Marquez more then they like their national treasure Pacman. Get out of here with that BS.

Yes you can. Box first..then talk

I box and getting grip is very hard. I struggle just holding my mouthpiece with the gloves on and im not punchdrunk when im doing it.

lol...mmmk.. I can grab my mouthpiece np. I can grab the rope even easier. I can even adjust my jock if need be.

All the ringside boxing media that scored the fight for Marquez like Juan more then they like Pacman. The Fillipino sports network that scored the fight for Marquez like Marquez more then they like their national treasure Pacman. Get out of here with that BS.

in boxing scene a poster sent all the scores from the editors and guess what happened? it was split even with majority being draws

1.DLH was considered a top draw, not top dog. He beat Mayorga for a paper belt, and didn't accomplish much in recent years before that. Zab had lost to Baldomir and the IBF Title being on the line against Mayweather was an absolute sham.

2.Absolutely terrible, inexcusable assessment. Morales and Barrera individually have more quality World Class wins on their resumes than Hatton and Zab combined.

3.What? Floyd never LOST to Augustus and handily. If you're going to say Morales was shot when Pac won, then Pac beat the shot into him with the violence of the first bout, considering Erik won that one as unquestionably as someone could beat Pac despite it being a tough fight nonetheless.

And Augustus has never done a single thing to be even mentioned in the same sentence as Morales.

4.You say tomato, I say delusional.

1.I say Oscar is a good win. Baldo was a good win. Base a fighter on what they are doing, not what they did several years ago.

2. I don't care what they did years ago. Pacs last fight with Morales was a joke and the Barrera fight was only slightly more competitive.

3.That is what I'm saying. Do we call Trevor Berbick a great because he beat Ali?

Augustus has always been a competitive fighter, I don't recall him watching the ref count him out. Did he hold titles years before Floyd fought him, No, thats not what I'm saying, I'm talking heart and competitiveness.

4. You say delusional, I say Floyd > Pacquiao.

I'm not sure what you're implying. Yes I think it is. Oscar De La Hoya, Hatton, Zab. All still considered top dogs until Floyd beat them.

Hatton and Zab > Morales and Barerra

Oscar mmm..... = JMM.

To me, Morales is about on the level of Augustus when Floyd beat him.

im an idiot forget this stupid post.

I won't go that far, but Floyd has said that Augustus was the toughest guy he ever fought.

Augustus is not the can hes made out to be on this forum. He gets hated on because its rumored that hes fixed fights but every fight I've seen, hes been competitive and tough. Ward, Burton, Mayweather... They all respect Augustus.

I'm simply comparing the Augustus that fought Floyd to the Morales that last fought Pacquiao.
edit-
edited the quote but stil a relevant statement.

I won't go that far, but Floyd has said that Augustus was the toughest guy he ever fought.

Augustus is not the can hes made out to be on this forum. He gets hated on because its rumored that hes fixed fights but every fight I've seen, hes been competitive and tough. Ward, Burton, Mayweather... They all respect Augustus.

I'm simply comparing the Augustus that fought Floyd to the Morales that last fought Pacquiao.

check above...i deleted what i wrote cuz i was incorrect about some of my information.

Were one step behind each other, lol.

its been a long month...im seeing double. 9's are 6's and etc.

im sure im going to get quoted so someone can inform me my info is wrong.....im waiting.

still pissed i had to give my ward-willams tickets for tonight away because of work. not a very good day.

Just because he is an arrogant asshole, it doesn't mean that PBF isn't number one by a landslide. If anything JMM has as legit a claim to second as Pac does, being that a lot of people believe he won the second fight.

All I know is that in the 2 fights with Marquez, Pac scored an impressive 4 knockdowns. He may only have a draw and a razor thin decision vs JMM, but it's pretty obvious he won the street fight.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThroughTheDakr
Back