Pacquiao/Mayweather to be finalized within 7-10 days

Your dick has a zipper on it?

It looks like the fight may happen this year. I believe both boxers realize that they are coming to the end of outstanding boxing careers. This is the last chance to make it happen. Let us hope that cooler minds prevail and the fight becomes a reality. I am cautiously optimistic.

i can see these dickheads charging 80 dollars for this fight, wouldnt put it past them to charge a 100

Makes me wonder how much it'll cost to see it in the movie theater. Mayweather/Canelo was $17 where I'm at. I hope May/Pac will be similar. If it's more than $25, I'll still pay, but fuck.

As for Movie Theater vs Home....... Movie Theater wins.

I will gladly pay $100 to see Mayweather get knocked out. Money well spent in my opinion. ;)

The best thing for the sport would be for fans to boycott this fight.

It would send a strong message that fans want to see the best fighters fight in their prime, not down the road because fighters want to protect their records then cash out before they retire. Hopefully that would get us out of the 20+ undefeated world champions era of boxing that is holding the sport back and left us with subpar fighters and nobody for Pacquaio and Mayweather to pass a torch to.

However, given that Mayweather and Pac have such large fair-weather followings and it's the social media era, this fight will be the most stupidly over-hyped fight in the history of boxing.... if it was to happen.... even though it should have happened ages ago.

The best thing for the sport would be for fans to boycott this fight.

It would send a strong message that fans want to see the best fighters fight in their prime, not down the road because fighters want to protect their records then cash out before they retire. Hopefully that would get us out of the 20+ undefeated world champions era of boxing that is holding the sport back and left us with subpar fighters and nobody for Pacquaio and Mayweather to pass a torch to.

However, given that Mayweather and Pac have such large fair-weather followings and it's the social media era, this fight will be the most stupidly over-hyped fight in the history of boxing.... if it was to happen.... even though it should have happened ages ago.

Nah. Im good.

5-7 years too late.

Sure is.. but unlike Tyson/Lewis or RJJ/BHop2, one half of the equation isn't absolutely shot.
Both guys have looked after themselves, still a great fight.

Still reserving any excitement though*

lol at all the hipster boxing fans who now suddenly act as though this fight isn't cool anymore.

I hope it happens.

lol at all the hipster boxing fans who now suddenly act as though this fight isn't cool anymore.

I wouldn't call you a hipster. But pointing out that this fight comes a little too late from the sporting perspective has nothing to do with that fight in view of the pop cultural aspect ("cool" as you describe it).

I wouldn't call you a hipster. But pointing out that this fight comes a little too late from the sporting perspective has nothing to do with that fight in view of the pop cultural aspect ("cool" as you describe it).

Thats generally how it goes. Lewis/Tyson, Lewis/Holyfeld, Tyson/Holyfield, Hagler/Leonard.... all of those fights took place at a less than ideal place in those fighters careers.

Big fights aren't just thrown together.

People have been saying this fight has to happen since it was first discussed and now that it seems close everyone is like "eh, fights no good. Lets boycott it!" Ridiculous. Both fighters still top the p4p list. One is still undefeated. One has all the tools that people are so sure the other will struggle with. Its a good fight and everyone here is going to watch it if it happens.

then the next day a bunch of people will flood this forum, claim they are huge boxing fans but will never watch another Mayweather PPV again.

LOL. Don't even waste your time on the poster... as someone succinctly put it... with 60,000 posts and still doesn't know shit about boxing.

LOL. Don't even waste your time on the poster... as someone succinctly put it... with 60,000 posts and still doesn't know shit about boxing.

Credentials.

This guy thinks he has them.

Tell us again how we should boycott the biggest fight in history.

Thats generally how it goes. Lewis/Tyson, Lewis/Holyfeld, Tyson/Holyfield, Hagler/Leonard.... all of those fights took place at a less than ideal place in those fighters careers.

Lots of other fights didn't - Ali/Frazier (ok Ali wasn't in his prime really, but that was just bad luck), Ali/Foreman, Hagler/Hitman, Leonard/Duran, Leonard/Hearns, Holyfield/Bowe, Lewis/Vitali, Trinidad/DLH.

It's not really comparable though. There wasn't nearly as much money involved as it is in Pac/Floyd.
Muhammad Ali got paid nothing compared to Floyd.

People have been saying this fight has to happen since it was first discussed and now that it seems close everyone is like "eh, fights no good. Lets boycott it!" Ridiculous. Both fighters still top the p4p list. One is still undefeated. One has all the tools that people are so sure the other will struggle with. Its a good fight and everyone here is going to watch it if it happens.

then the next day a bunch of people will flood this forum, claim they are huge boxing fans but will never watch another Mayweather PPV again.

Glad you agree with me.

So instead of telling the press reasons why this might not happen, Pac is telling us he thinks it will happen. Either this fight is going to happen or the Pac team hired a PR guy.

---

Pacquiao, the eight division world champion sounded upbeat when he told us

Back