Pacquiao Margarito: Your Predictions and Opinions

Discussion in 'Boxing Discussion' started by McMurder, Sep 1, 2010.

1. McMurder

McMurder Blue Belt

Interesting input from Steve Kim and Gabriel Montoya regarding the fight.

Do you believe Margarito can win this?do you support it?

2. Alpha X

Alpha X Orange Belt

Pac man by KO. Support it? Its not Pacquiao vs Mayweather..

3. Cracky

Cracky Fanny Pack

Pac by ko...

My opinion.. marg doesnt deserve a pay day.. that said, Pac gives people viscious beatings.. so this wont be an easy payday

4. just blaze

just blaze Yellow Belt

Margarito by punching pac-man with a roll of quarters in his hand

5. Corleone187

Corleone187 ㄥ8ƖǝuoǝlɹoƆ

Margaritos Got know whats coming watching the De La Hoya fight and all.

I think he's gonna come in with a solid game plan knowing how fast Manny is and catch him somehow and break him down. I think he will have to attack right away at the bell. He has no choice.

The main thing with Margarito is that the guy is friggin huge. and no doubt this helps him

If Margarito boxes the way he normally does then you gotta think Margarito is gonna lose. He almost died against Mosely so he cant fight like that vs Manny

The advice i'd give Margarito is go for broke right at the opening bell

6. Cracky

Cracky Fanny Pack

Philipino Jungle Meth > than roll of quarters..

7. McMurder

McMurder Blue Belt

lmao. did roger say that?

8. TexasDrugAddict**

TexasDrugAddict** Silver Belt

I think Pac will win in the mid rds. He is going to be just way to fast and I don;t see Marg handling it to well.

Now let me say this. I BIGGEST problem with this fight is not the fact Marg is getting a huge payday undeserving. No ,y biggest problem is that there are fighting for a Belt in this fight. Pac has never fought in this weight class and his first fight is for the belt. Ok fine his fame and rec earned him that shot, I can live with that. But what if Marg. wins. he just fought a real life Bum and that earn him a shot at a title and if he wins. he can go around and claim to be one of the best at 154 by beating a bum and a guy who has never fought that high. That shit infuriates me.

9. Cracky

Cracky Fanny Pack

yeah

10. OneOneTwo

OneOneTwo Banned Banned

Clottey was a risky fight too, so you can say the same about that fight as well. Pac ain't afraid to take risks, and he will win this fight easily IMO. Since Floyd doesn't want anything to do with him, he needs to keep going for top guys and boosting his legacy.

I'd like to see him fight Mosley as well, it's somewhat Risky as well but it is still one of the best fights for his legacy and a big name. It would have been better before Mosley fought Mayweather though because if Pac beat him now i guarantee you that the Floyd nuthuggers would say that Mayweather broke him and that's why he looked bad against Pacquiao.

Paul Williams is an extremely risky fight, but i wouldn't mind seeing it. Call me crazy.

Hopefully Mayweather decides to fight Pacquiao eventually but i'm not gonna hold my breath.

11. TexasDrugAddict**

TexasDrugAddict** Silver Belt

This is the only part I have a problem with in your statement. You really think Marg. is a top guy. A dangerous guy, YES. but a top guy at 154. I am not sure about that. since the beating he took from Shane. he hasn't proven himself yet to be one of the best guy at 154, 147 sure,but would i put him in with the top but 154 i don't know. He is the biggest payday for Pac other then a Cotto rematch with no one wants.

The top guys at 154, I would say Martinez is still the number 1 and would have loved to seen him come down and fight Pac for the title that Pac is now fighting for. The title that he gave up.

Other then that maybe Williams which is outrageous but I would be happy with ,Angulo who Pac would beat easy but with his punch you never know. But those two with Martinez would represent the best of the 154 right now.IMO.

12. pittelp

pittelp Smokin Joe belt winner

I pick Pac, I have no faith in Margarito.

13. McMurder

McMurder Blue Belt

I agree with all of this, it's a bullshit vacant title bout and it's a catchweight as well(not that it will affect Margarito at all, making it all the more retarded). That said I'm looking forward to the fight, and as steve kim said Pac is very susceptible to the uppercut. Tony has a tremendous work rate and one of the best beards in the game today. Cotto was outboxing Margo for more than half of the fight and catching him flush but he just kept coming forward.Pac has his hands full here.

Whatever happens, there will be a lot of violence.

14. BLITZD

BLITZD Brown Belt

I see it being competitive in the early rounds but Pacquiao takes it late in the fight, by TKO.

Pacquiao will take one to give two and probably take some damage due to the reach disadvantage, but his speed and angles will win him this fight.

15. Dragonstyle915

Dragonstyle915 Brown Belt

Of course its a Morality issue. Thats so retarded. Mike Vick should never gone to jail then. They shoudl have said he's exciting at QB position so let him.

16. ssx

ssx Brown Belt

Without his rock paws...Marg would not have beaten Cotto. In fact I think Cintron may have beaten him also. Pac out speeds Marg bad and beats the shit outta him. Worse than Mosley did...

17. Victor Maitland

Victor Maitland Banned Banned

See mosley v margarito repeated..
    Pacman will savage the slow/no defence plodding margarito who only had any power because of his loaded handwraps.

18. BR

BR Purple Belt

PAC is no Mosely. Not that its a bad thing, they just don't have similar styles. Mosely knows all the tricks. He knew when to hold Margarito before he got off. Mosely is a stronger guy than Pac, and I have never seen Pac hold. Margarito has a 6 inch advantage. People don't realize that. While Tony isn't as fast, he didn't look too bad against Paul Williams whom everyone believes would do well against Pac. In fact had he just started sooner, he beats Williams. People have the Mosely thing on their mind but I'm picking Tony by KO in the later rounds.

19. Doctor Venture

Doctor Venture Black Belt

Im looking forward to the beating Pac should lay on Tony.

I, like almost everyone, would rather see Pac/May, but I dont mind this. Its not like this should be a boring fight at all, and its Manny moving up again. It'll be interesting to see what kind of punch Manny can throw at 154 and to see if he can take Margaritos shots. Also what kind of shape he will be in at whatever weight they wind up fighting at. If he is to go on and fight Williams/Martinez, it'll be nice to know what kind of shape we can expect him to show up in and to know that he has a few rounds at least under his belt.

20. LetUrHandsGo***

LetUrHandsGo*** Banned Banned

Pac by shut-out, but I refuse to pay to watch this fight because Marg doesn't deserve any money, and I'm kind of surprised Pac even chose to fight him, dude should be banned for life.