Pac vs Todays Elite WW

I understand what you're saying, but that's what everybody has said every single time Pac has fought anybody since Marquez 4. I don't think Danny hits harder than Lucas and Thurman. He's a good, but not great puncher at welterweight. Even at 140 he only managed to stop one top level fighter that was not 100 years old, and it was the infamously chinny Amir Khan.

Even if he lands clean on Pac, I think Pac is momentarily stunned and then continues fighting just like he did when Thurman caught him flush.

And I think that with the way Danny fights, Pac might have him pretty busted up within 4 or 5 rounds which would certainly take some wind out of Danny's sails. I think Thurman offered the most difficult fight for him outside of Spence and Crawford at 147, and I think Porter would be a rougher night than Garcia.
I think Swifts timing is criminally underrated. Its really all that makes it an interesting matchup. Pac is really bad for him.

Danny has quick hands, he is not fast like Pac but he is quick or swift like his nickname, he reminds me of Canelo, Canelo has those fast counter combos with power.

Danny will wait patiently and time Manny and wing those fast hooks as he backs out or comes in.

Pac would have to box the perfect fight and avoid getting clipped

I always rated Danny Garcia as the hardest puncher at welterweight, dont forget his wild loaded hook broke Keith Thurmans elbow, KT had bone spurs that had to be removed he said Swift hit him so hard in the elbow area.

For me the rankings in power punching is

1 Danny Garcia
2 Keith Thurman
3 Errol Spence
4 Terence crawford
5 Shawn Porter
6 Manny Pacquiao
7 Mikey Garcia

Danny has quick hands, he is not fast like Pac but he is quick or swift like his nickname, he reminds me of Canelo, Canelo has those fast counter combos with power.

Danny will wait patiently and time Manny and wing those fast hooks as he backs out or comes in.

Pac would have to box the perfect fight and avoid getting clipped

I always rated Danny Garcia as the hardest puncher at welterweight, dont forget his wild loaded hook broke Keith Thurmans elbow, KT had bone spurs that had to be removed he said Swift hit him so hard in the elbow area.

For me the rankings in power punching is

1 Danny Garcia
2 Keith Thurman
3 Errol Spence
4 Terence crawford
5 Shawn Porter
6 Manny Pacquiao
7 Mikey Garcia

You are HIGHLY Exaggerating Danny's power he is not that great of a puncher at all, he is a real good puncher, but Spence who stopped Kell Brook and Keith Thurman have better power than Danny, and Crawfords Power is definitely up there as well. Pac's chin is solid and Keith hit him with everything he had and Pac ate it. If Pac can take Thurman's power he should have no problem taking Danny's.

Danny's hands are not any quicker than Thurman's. If you watch Danny's fight vs. Thurman, Keith's hands appeared to be a little quicker than Danny's and although Danny winged those counters he never hurt Thurman or deterred Thurman's offense and it was Thurman that had Danny hurt early instead. Also, Pac really put a beating on Keith during the first half of their fight, and hurt Keith to the body so bad during the later rounds that Keith physically took his mouth piece out of his mouth right after the punch. Also, in my opinion, the main Thurman won the fight against Danny was because of the foot speed disparity between the two fighters as Thurman was able to move out of the way more often and Danny was often a sitting duck for Thurman to land punches on. Pacs foot and hand speed are much faster than Thurman.

Danny is tough, has good power and is a solid counter puncher when he plants his feet, but he is really flat footed and has very limited foot speed and this is the reason I think Pac would beat him worse than he beat Thurman. Because of Danny's lack of foot speed eventually he would become a punching bag for Pac to land his power and step to the side. Remember Amir Khans fight with Garcia before Danny landed that massive left hook, now make Amir smarter defensively, give him damaging power in his punches, faster foot speed, and a granite chin and what do you think happens to Danny in that fight?

I think Swifts timing is criminally underrated. Its really all that makes it an interesting matchup. Pac is really bad for him.

Agreed. I think Danny's ability to land those counter hooks, and that counter straight right hand from time to time is his only chance to make the fight competitive, but in my opinion all the other advantages go to Pac and I just feel that Pac's punhc out put and speed advantage would overwhelm a game but just out gunned Garcia. I really like Danny because he tends to step his game up when people count him out and I have no doubt he would do so in a fight against Pac, but like you said it just appears to be a really bad stylistic match up for Danny.

Do you agree that Bud and Spence both destroy a 2009-2011 Pacman? Spence to me is basic but his length is too much for Manny, and Crawford ring IQ is too much for Pac, he will confuse Manny and hit him from either stance. I just see Manny getting humiliated by them even if he was 30 years old in his prime.

I think swift Garcia always has that punchers shot though, he has scary power.

Manny of 2009 - 2011 was a special fighter to watch and would give both Spence and Crawford absolutely HELL.... I talking scorched earth. I am a huge Crawford fan and an even bigger Spence fan but neither fighter has even come close to showing anything that would make me believe they could destroy a prime Paquiao much less beat him. Man......... time is an interesting thing because people forget how TERRIFYING Pacquiao was in his prime and how he would absolutely bludgeon elite fighters in a way we have not see since. Hell Pac just defeated one of the top ranked Elite WW's in the division at 40 years of age and appears to still competitive with elite WW at that age , I can't even image the reign of terror he would have over this division if he was still in his physical prime.

Last edited:
Oh and can any of the posters that are predicting Shawn porter to beat Pacquaio break down how you see him doin it, because I think Pac is a horrible matchup for Shawn. Because outside of the ref allowing porter to foul, head butt and hold excessively I just don't see how Shawn can make the fight competitive given Pacquaio's foot, hand speed and combination power punching advantage.

Oh and in a fight with Mikey Garcia, I see Pacquiao hurting and overwhelming Mikey as well with his power and explosiveness. Mikey is a patient counter puncher but he just does not throw enough punches to compete with Pacs output, and he is not fast enough to land enough of his counters to deter Pac. I see Pac busting up Mikey and possibly stopping him in the later rounds.

Also, FYI all my predictions are with the assumption that Pac does not fall of the age cliff that we all now is eventually coming........some day.

Oh and can any of the posters that are predicting Shawn porter to beat Pacquaio break down how you see him doin it, because I think Pac is a horrible matchup for Shawn. Because outside of the ref allowing porter to foul, head butt and hold excessively I just don't see how Shawn can make the fight competitive given Pacquaio's foot, hand speed and combination power punching advantage.

Oh and in a fight with Mikey Garcia, I see Pacquiao hurting and overwhelming Mikey as well with his power and explosiveness. Mikey is a patient counter puncher but he just does not throw enough punches to compete with Pacs output, and he is not fast enough to land enough of his counters to deter Pac. I see Pac busting up Mikey and possibly stopping him in the later rounds.

Also, FYI all my predictions are with the assumption that Pac does not fall of the age cliff that we all now is eventually coming........some day.
I think Porter will go the way of Horn. Horn really put a grimey beatdown on Pacman, holding, making it dirty, head butts, elbows, chokes.

Garcia certainly has a puncher's chance but his timing isn't as good as Marquez's to catch Pacquiao coming in. He's likely to get outworked into a clear JD.

Porter's success depends on the ref's lenience, even if Pac is unlikely to take him as lightly as Horn. Close Pac JD, assuming he doesn't drop another notch.

Ancient Manny beat any one but Crawford and Spence. Just show how crazy good Manny and Floyd were.

I think Porter will go the way of Horn. Horn really put a grimey beatdown on Pacman, holding, making it dirty, head butts, elbows, chokes.

That a fair argument, but what if the refs don't allow Porter to use Horn's tactics as much like in the fight between Horn and Crawford? Do you still think Porter can win?

Garcia certainly has a puncher's chance but his timing isn't as good as Marquez's to catch Pacquiao coming in. He's likely to get outworked into a clear JD.

Porter's success depends on the ref's lenience, even if Pac is unlikely to take him as lightly as Horn. Close Pac JD, assuming he doesn't drop another notch.

It wasn't just timing with JMM, it was willingness to get into a firefight and get the crap beat out of him. We've never seen evidence that Garcia has that willingness.

Agreed. I think Danny's ability to land those counter hooks, and that counter straight right hand from time to time is his only chance to make the fight competitive, but in my opinion all the other advantages go to Pac and I just feel that Pac's punhc out put and speed advantage would overwhelm a game but just out gunned Garcia. I really like Danny because he tends to step his game up when people count him out and I have no doubt he would do so in a fight against Pac, but like you said it just appears to be a really bad stylistic match up for Danny.
Agreed all around. I wasnt trying to say Id even pick Swift, just that its a dangerous fight at this stage in his career.

Manny’s legs dont carry him the way they used to. I think hed take some serious shots in the second half of the fight, same as with Thurman.

The only selling point for Danny is that hes got a knack for landing some nasty counters that somehow arent seen coming. Its quite amazing really because when you watch him you think theres no way hes landing those punches with his head down, eyes closed, letting them fly.

Dudes 40 and at his peak would ruin those blokes. Also Spence and Crawford may have not reached their peak just yet. Personally I dont think theyll get to that level.

Back