Pac vs Todays Elite WW

Breaducce

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
So Pac's Performance against Thurman has made me think about how he matches up with the other elite WW's in the division.

Vs. Crawford
I have Crawford beating Manny pretty comfortably, because he has the footwork/speed, counter punching and power to make Manny pay dearly for closing the distance with his combinations. The one thing I think could be to Pac's advantage is Terrance willingness to engage in firefights at times and not back down from attacks, and I would not be surprised if this occurred and Crawfor gets hurt or knocked down by Pac similar to Thurman.

Vs: Spence
I have Spence beating Manny pretty comfortably because he has the skill to box with Manny and keep him on the outside of his Jab and punch variety to keep Pac guessing, the power and body work to hurt an aging Manny, and the size, physicality and inside game to wear Manny Down. I do have some questions though, for example how Spence handles Manny's speed, and explosiveness, and his ability to defend against Manny's combinations on the inside, because Manny has made a career at landing shots you don't anticipate or see coming which in my opinion could wear Spence down and hurt him if Manny lands enough of them.

Vs: Porter
Manny beats the hell out of Porter. Porter is a strong WW, but he is just not fast or skilled enough to defend against Pacs offense and if he tried to box on the outside like he has been doing for larges portions of his most recent fights I see him getting dropped and hurt multiple times. Also, If Porter leans on using his inside game and pressuring Manny I think this would put Porter in the most danger in a fight between the too, because he smothers himself and is very sloppy and often offbalanced with he fights on the inside. On the inside, I see Porter constantly running into Manny's combinations and getting hurt as well. Porter's only chance to make it a competitive fight would be to punch, foul, and clinch like Horn, but I just don't see him being able to get through the fight without getting hurt.

Vs: Danny Garcia
I really like Danny but his lack of overall foot speed in my opinion would allow Pac to close the distance and land his power early and often. Also, Danny is willingness to get into fire fights could get him hurt against a faster fighter and better combination puncher in Pac. The X factor is Danny is great at countering especially with that left hand which could change the fight at anytime, but if Pac can take Danny's power which I think he can, than Danny's going to lose a war of attrition and get worn down due to the different in their punch output.

So give me your breakdowns after seeing how Pac did against Thurman how do you think Pac stacks up with the rest of the elites in the WW division?

I think he beats Garcia because of the style...good chance vs. Crawford because he gets hit a lot and willing to engage...Porter would be a hard fight because porter likes to fight rough, he's big and bullies his way...like Horn...Spence would be hardest to beat...big, fast and a good boxer himself...

Honestly, this fight didn't change anything for me. Manny, being a shell of his old self, is capable of close fights with the second tier of the WW division. Those with bad styles to fight Manny getting lit up, Porter comes to mind.

Spence and Crawford are just in another league. Crawford I can see getting hurt, because Gamboa could touch him. But Craw presents the same matchup difficulties as Marquez, and is also better defensively than Juan ever was. Spence though, demolition. He'll fuck Manny up right now.

Honestly, this fight didn't change anything for me. Manny, being a shell of his old self, is capable of close fights with the second tier of the WW division. Those with bad styles to fight Manny getting lit up, Porter comes to mind.

Spence and Crawford are just in another league. Crawford I can see getting hurt, because Gamboa could touch him. But Craw presents the same matchup difficulties as Marquez, and is also better defensively than Juan ever was. Spence though, demolition. He'll fuck Manny up right now.
Except Thurman was first tier with a better resume than Crawford and Spence combined at WW

I think he beats Garcia because of the style...good chance vs. Crawford because he gets hit a lot and willing to engage...Porter would be a hard fight because porter likes to fight rough, he's big and bullies his way...like Horn...Spence would be hardest to beat...big, fast and a good boxer himself...
i wouldn't bet two cents on manny vs crawford.

Manny can beat everyone but Bud and Spence. Especially not Spence. They would destroy him and end his career.

Swift is also a very, very dangerous fight. Much like Thurman, he likely makes them look bad for big portions of the fight, but Danny is so good at winging those hooks. As bad as he looks at time, they land on pretty much everyone.

Pac (if he can't get the Mayweather rematch) should fight the Mikey / Danny winner which I believe stylistically he would have the best chance against.

At this point, Crawford should be forced to fight the Spence / Porter winner.

Thurman was actually the number one welterweight in my eyes of the young ones

I see Manny losing bad to Crawford, and Spence and Danny Garcia all by KO

I see the Porter fight as Horn part two and Pacman either quitting and or Porter winning by TKO after really tiring Pac out and weigh on him with his body causing him to weaken and quit.

Ugas out boxes Pacman. Who else is there?

Thurman was actually the number one welterweight in my eyes of the young ones

I see Manny losing bad to Crawford, and Spence and Danny Garcia all by KO

I see the Porter fight as Horn part two and Pacman either quitting and or Porter winning by TKO after really tiring Pac out and weigh on him with his body causing him to weaken and quit.

Ugas out boxes Pacman. Who else is there?

You thought he’d lose to Thurman. How could he possibly beat any good WWs ?

<seedat>

At this stage he loses to Errol and Bud. Danny's spring loaded left hook is always a threat but I'd pick Pac. Porter's physicality but lack of skill gets him busted up. Mikey redeems a little but loses.

Manny can beat everyone but Bud and Spence. Especially not Spence. They would destroy him and end his career.

Swift is also a very, very dangerous fight. Much like Thurman, he likely makes them look bad for big portions of the fight, but Danny is so good at winging those hooks. As bad as he looks at time, they land on pretty much everyone.
Do you agree that Bud and Spence both destroy a 2009-2011 Pacman? Spence to me is basic but his length is too much for Manny, and Crawford ring IQ is too much for Pac, he will confuse Manny and hit him from either stance. I just see Manny getting humiliated by them even if he was 30 years old in his prime.

I think swift Garcia always has that punchers shot though, he has scary power.

At this stage he loses to Errol and Bud. Danny's spring loaded left hook is always a threat but I'd pick Pac. Porter's physicality but lack of skill gets him busted up. Mikey redeems a little but loses.
I think Mikey Garcia and Amir Khan are his target fights if he cant get Floyd next. Those other guys like Bud, Spence, Danny Garcia, Porter and Ugas all beat Manny.

Do you agree that Bud and Spence both destroy a 2009-2011 Pacman? Spence to me is basic but his length is too much for Manny, and Crawford ring IQ is too much for Pac, he will confuse Manny and hit him from either stance. I just see Manny getting humiliated by them even if he was 30 years old in his prime.

I think swift Garcia always has that punchers shot though, he has scary power.
I agree that you are a clown and discussing Pacman with you is pointless.

I agree that you are a clown and discussing Pacman with you is pointless.
PUO3 I always respected you man :(
What did I say that was wrong? I agreed with you Bud and Spence destroy him.

Every single day the clock ticks, Manny gets older and loses just a little bit more. His career has been amazing, beating Thurman was a great feat, but he’s not beating Crawford or Spence. I’d say he’s 50/50 with both Porter and Danny.

I agree on Bud and Spence. They are just too much at this point.

But I think Pac makes relatively easy work of Danny. I think his immobility, predictability, and only decent hand speed and cardio would make him pretty much tailor made for Pac. He’s a much easier matchup than Thurman.

I actually think Porter’s mauling styling is more troubling for Pac than Garcia. He could make it a dirty fight.

Also, I just want to remind everybody that Pacquiao has a chin of granite and that a one punch knockout one time in his career from a fellow ATG is not indicative of what he’s proven throughout his career. Danny is not knocking out Pacquiao.

I agree on Bud and Spence. They are just too much at this point.

But I think Pac makes relatively easy work of Danny. I think his immobility, predictability, and only decent hand speed and cardio would make him pretty much tailor made for Pac. He’s a much easier matchup than Thurman.

I actually think Porter’s mauling styling is more troubling for Pac than Garcia. He could make it a dirty fight.

Also, I just want to remind everybody that Pacquiao has a chin of granite and that a one punch knockout one time in his career from a fellow ATG is not indicative of what he’s proven throughout his career. Danny is not knocking out Pacquiao.
Dannys not easy for anyone imo. I totally think he gets made to look silly at times, but that dude manages to land those punches and Pac gets hit a lot these days. Danny absolutely could hurt him.

Pacs chin is awesome. But like everyone else, or wont last forever. It sure as shit isnt getting better.

Dannys not easy for anyone imo. I totally think he gets made to look silly at times, but that dude manages to land those punches and Pac gets hit a lot these days. Danny absolutely could hurt him.

Pacs chin is awesome. But like everyone else, or wont last forever. It sure as shit isnt getting better.

I understand what you're saying, but that's what everybody has said every single time Pac has fought anybody since Marquez 4. I don't think Danny hits harder than Lucas and Thurman. He's a good, but not great puncher at welterweight. Even at 140 he only managed to stop one top level fighter that was not 100 years old, and it was the infamously chinny Amir Khan.

Even if he lands clean on Pac, I think Pac is momentarily stunned and then continues fighting just like he did when Thurman caught him flush.

And I think that with the way Danny fights, Pac might have him pretty busted up within 4 or 5 rounds which would certainly take some wind out of Danny's sails. I think Thurman offered the most difficult fight for him outside of Spence and Crawford at 147, and I think Porter would be a rougher night than Garcia.

Back