Pac vs Margarito and Cotto vs Chavez Jr....winners meet

actjac

Down goes Frazuh...down goes Frazuh
@purple
Reaction score
That is the perfect plan by Arum IF the Pac vs Mayweather fight does not materialize.

Pacquiao vs Margarito in November
Cotto vs Chavez Jr. early December

winners in May, 2011

I like the idea. What weight are they fighing, I dont know if Chavez jr can make 147, let alone 154

That'd be pretty pointless, IMO - Cotto wouldn't have earned a rematch with Pacquiao by beating feather fisted Foreman and not-so-fantastic JCC Jr. Also, if Arum pulled out of a Pavlik-JCC Jr. fight when he realized it would kill JCC's momentum, I seriously doubt he'd put him against Cotto (after all, both Pavlik and Cotto are in-house fighters).

I dont think that the pac vs cotto would be different at all but i would love to see a margarito vs cotto fight again. Maybe it's just me but i think margarito has a shot vs pac, still a big time underdog but he's huge for welterweight or junior middleweight and it gives margarito a bit of a chance.

Bob would do it

I have my doubts given that Cotto losing to Pacquiao again would likely kill his drawing power - he may do it when Cotto's pretty much spent but not right away (hence why he went with Margarito instead).

Roach would have to dump Chavez as a fighter for this to happen

damn that just makes me want pac to lose so i can see Marg vs Cotto 2,

I like the idea. What weight are they fighing, I dont know if Chavez jr can make 147, let alone 154

If Pacquiao beats Margarito he will earn the WBC 154 lb. title on November 13.
Cotto vs Chavez Jr. is scheduled for December 4 for Cotto's 154 lb. WBA title.

The winners meet for a "unified" title match in May. With any combination Bob Arum wins.

I dont think that the pac vs cotto would be different at all but i would love to see a margarito vs cotto fight again. Maybe it's just me but i think margarito has a shot vs pac, still a big time underdog but he's huge for welterweight or junior middleweight and it gives margarito a bit of a chance.

Margarito has less than 1% chance of beating Pacman.
Pac versus a slow fighter with no defence who has been tainted with the allegations of using loaded mitts.

dont wanna sound retarded but i thought jcc jr sucked

That is the perfect plan by Arum IF the Pac vs Mayweather fight does not materialize.

Pacquiao vs Margarito in November
Cotto vs Chavez Jr. early December

winners in May, 2011

I'd hate this. I'm sorry but Chavez Jr. has failed to impress me, thus far.

Is the Cotto vs. Chavez Jr. fight even confirmed? I'd much rather see Cotto vs. Berto or Cotto vs. Angulo.

If Pacquiao beats Margarito he will earn the WBC 154 lb. title on November 13.
Cotto vs Chavez Jr. is scheduled for December 4 for Cotto's 154 lb. WBA title.

The winners meet for a "unified" title match in May. With any combination Bob Arum wins.

Chavez Jr is fighting Carlos Nascimento on September 11 according to boxrec. He's done at 154, and I highly doubt Cotto moves up, and Pacquiao is definately not moving up.

Chavez Jr is a middleweight and is trained by Freddie Roach. Pacquiao was offered the fight a while ago and didn't take it, he's definately not taking it now.

Roach would have to dump Chavez as a fighter for this to happen

no, there is no chance in hell cotto would lose to jcc so no worries. but this would be basically the worst scenario I could imagine, not one of those 3 fights interest me in any way for pac, and jjc/margarito I have little to no interest in.

Back