pablo popovitch

tekkenfan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
i wonder why he never tried to do mma his body type and style was perfect for it being super strong he even wrestled in usa in school and had a greattt top game i think he could have def made it to ufc and probably done well especially back in 2005-2011 when he was most active fighting at 170

He should have fought Thiago Silva

lots of guys make great money teaching ect but they all still do mma every top bjj went into mma and i think pablos game hed have great success back n the day when tdd wasnt as good as it is today sadly i have not seen anything of pablo since 2011 i miss him he was one of my fav grapplers but he did rely on his size and insane strength now that he is older he just cant fight like that anymore

he probably wont pass the piss test

just saying

I've wondered about Pablo many times. I also thought he'd do very well in MMA. He is one of a few Bjj big shots that showed great potential for MMA but didn't fight much. Xande Ribeiro and Eduardo Teles also come to mind. Especially Xande. I remember he scored a couple impressive wins by ko back around 2009-2010ish if I'm remembering right.

I've wondered about Pablo many times. I also thought he'd do very well in MMA. He is one of a few Bjj big shots that showed great potential for MMA but didn't fight much. Xande Ribeiro and Eduardo Teles also come to mind. Especially Xande. I remember he scored a couple impressive wins by ko back around 2009-2010ish if I'm remembering right.
i think xandes a bit too slow tbh pablo was much more aggressive in his attacks

Pablo had to deal with some pretty dire shit during the prime of his career, in 2011 his mom was killed and his dad seriously injured in landslides in Brazil and I have to think that had something to do with him mostly falling off the map. His school is also pretty successful (and has a great vibe, I trained there for a few weeks back in the day and loved it) so imagine he just buckled down to focus on that.

i think xandes a bit too slow tbh pablo was much more aggressive in his attacks

Bro watch this fight. This is Xande's 1st MMA fight ever and he performed more than admirably. This is actually a very intriguing match up in Sengoku. The guy Xande fights has only a handful of fights but legit world level wrestling and judo skills. I think Xande would've done great in MMA.

Pablo had to deal with some pretty dire shit during the prime of his career, in 2011 his mom was killed and his dad seriously injured in landslides in Brazil and I have to think that had something to do with him mostly falling off the map. His school is also pretty successful (and has a great vibe, I trained there for a few weeks back in the day and loved it) so imagine he just buckled down to focus on that.
Damn that's very sad. Even with that, he has legit wins over most of the greats from his era does he not?

Damn that's very sad. Even with that, he has legit wins over most of the greats from his era does he not?

There was a little shorts grabbing that marred his win over Marcelo at ADCC, but basically yes he does. He was an absolutely elite no-gi guy.

He was an absolutely elite no-gi guy.
I remember reading an article back many years ago that featured Pablo. Dude had a soviet Olympic wrestler as his personal wrestling coach for a while. Obviously he had a real affinity for takedowns and no gi.

Nah bro..school closed. Look on yelp....Heard he moved to Abu Dhabi with his baby's mama(thiago slivas ex). They got a kid now and he teaches/trains in abu dhabi. Think his business took a hit after the Thiago Silva incident in his school(silva came with gun to shoot Pablo for fucking his wife and was gonna shoot him in front of a room full of students and parents of the kids).

Nah bro..school closed. Look on yelp....Heard he moved to Abu Dhabi with his baby's mama(thiago slivas ex). They got a kid now and he teaches/trains in abu dhabi. Think his business took a hit after the Thiago Silva incident in his school(silva came with gun to shoot Pablo for fucking his wife and was gonna shoot him in front of a room full of students and parents of the kids).

Really? Shit. That was after I trained there, that's too bad, it had a great vibe and some very tough students. What a weird situation with Silva huh?

Thiago strikes me as a dude that absolutely WILL shoot you. What a crazy story.

Back