Pablo Popovitch Interview At No-Gi Pans

chliu1109

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Recently, we had the pleasure of interviewing Pablo Popovitch at the 2010 No-Gi Pans in New York. We were able to catch this highly technical and monstrous competitor right after he dominated everyone in his weight class. He discusses his new alliance with Roberto

Pablo is a very cool guy, looking very good. classy fighter.

He wants to get BIGGER???

Pablo is a douche.... After he won the absolute he took off his rash guard, just to show off, I must of heard about 10 "Holy shit that dudes jacked" lol
But really Pablo is a great grappler, I liked that he said "Gi no gi it dosen't matter its all jiu jitsu"

the avengers! - pablo, brasco, and vagner!

the day after the pans, brasco and vagner won the absolute at my tourney...

Pablo is a douche.... After he won the absolute he took off his rash guard, just to show off, I must of heard about 10 "Holy shit that dudes jacked" lol
But really Pablo is a great grappler, I liked that he said "Gi no gi it dosen't matter its all jiu jitsu"

17 year-old Jiu Jitsu instructor calls Popovich a douche, got to love the internet.

17 year-old Jiu Jitsu instructor calls Popovich a douche, got to love the internet.

I'm sure he meant it affectionately.

And besides, these days "douche" has pretty much become the substitute word for "guy who looks like he could beat me up"

You're use of context clues is weak, I guess you're a noob in a few more things other than jiu jitsu :redface:

You're use of context clues is weak, I guess you're a noob in a few more things other than jiu jitsu :redface:

My use of context clues are weak? Do you mean your context clues are weak? Or do you mean I understood context clues weakly?

I'm not a mind reader and its pretty hard to understand you're being sarcastic.

I trained at Pablo's for a while in Fort Lauderdale, he's a good guy, actually very soft spoken in person, and a hell of an amazing grappler.

Also, I hope that guy was joking when he called Pablo a douche. It has nothing to do with the fact that Pablo would destroy him, just that it's wrong and uncalled for. I usually like that the grappling forums are more respectful than the MMA ones, hopefully that's not changing.

I think all of this clearly means that I am joking. Next time I'll break it down a little more for you. I actually spoke to Pablo at the event, congratulated him on the win, and spoke to him about a few things.

I think all of this clearly means that I am joking. Next time I'll break it down a little more for you. I actually spoke to Pablo at the event, congratulated him on the win, and spoke to him about a few things.

Even if you are joking, you might want to be a little bit more PC when representing your gym in your sig. Just food for thought.

jesus would everyone stop giving the kid shit and just talk about pablo already?

popovitch is a fucking monster. when's his next mma fight? i think this guy could be a real force.

Back