P4P best TJ in last 6yrs only has 2 losses, both split decision, one bad decision, one fifty/fifty

Why are people still arguing for Jones? The guy can't fight within the rule set. I was a huge Jones and Anderson fan but neither of them belong in the GOAT discussion anymore, if GSP, Fedor and Aldo all get popped then they're back in but until then they're both excluded indefinitely.

He's certainly up there.

I'd say that at the moment the top 5 are TJ, Whittaker, DC, DJ and Holloway. Honarable mentions to Cejudo, Romero and Khabib.

Marlon Moraes and Demetrious Johnson only have 1 split decision loss in last 6 years.

I never could have imagined the TJ from TUF would go on to be a top 3 p4p fighter in the world.
Right? Shit trips me out. He didn't even stand out during TUF.

The 1st fight with DC was very close and DC was arguably up through 3. The first 3 was extremely close and then DC took his foot of the pedal to conserve energy since he wasnt accustomed to 5 rounders at the weight and Bones won the clearest round in the 4th and ppl run with narrative. And not a whole lot happened in the 5th tho it was a Bones round too

DC didnt really enter the top 3 P4P convo like Barao did till after and then Bones got caught red handed for doping. The Barao fights werent even a struggle for TJ and he just did it in such a dominant fashion that even tho DC is better overall i think the Barao performances were more impressive

I don't echo the sentiment about the first Bones/DC fight. Jones had that in the bag after the first if I recall correctly.

Marlon Moraes and Demetrious Johnson only have 1 split decision loss in last 6 years.

I would argue that Dillashaw's strength of schedule is clearly better than both (but I think Johnson's run does stand out in certain ways, as well). Still, it is good to see how well Moraes has done in the UFC, particularly after the significant skepticism he faced from UFC fans when he was in WSOF. Also, the loss he suffered against Assuncao was pretty close to a genuine robbery, whereas I don't think Dillashaw's loss against Assuncao was.

I don't echo the sentiment about the first Bones/DC fight. Jones had that in the bag after the first if I recall correctly.

It weakens my argument to say it, but he definitely didn't. Jones clearly lost the 2nd round, and there is a real argument to make that he lost the 3rd, as well. It was Cormier taking the 4th round off to try and recover his stamina that really changed the optics of that fight (Cormier clearly wasn't battle-tested enough in MMA at that point in time). Not a whole lot happened in the 5th, whatsoever, either, as both men looked gassed. Still, beating a guy like Cormier clearly, at all, is a massive accomplishment.

It weakens my argument to say it, but he definitely didn't. Jones clearly lost the 2nd round, and there is a real argument to make that he lost the 3rd, as well. It was Cormier taking the 4th round off to try and recover his stamina that really changed the optics of that fight (Cormier clearly wasn't battle-tested enough in MMA at that point in time).

Now that I think about it, Jones won the first, lost the second and won the final three. I even think most media outlets only gave DC the second round, but I can't remember the website that shows all the media scores.

Now that I think about it, Jones won the first, lost the second and won the final three. I even think most media outlets only gave DC the second round, but I can't remember the website that shows all the media scores.

http://mmadecisions.com/decision/5796/Jon-Jones-vs-Daniel-Cormier

I think there is a strong argument to give Cormier the 3rd, but not all media agrees with me. The fight was still looked at as up in the air going into the 4th. Credit to Jones that he showed more grit and stamina in the championship rounds.

C.png

Shale, Vitor, Lyoto, Shogoon and Hashad are like half his top wins. All blown up past purime MWs

Bones never had a performance as impressive as TJ against Barao or Cody. Barao was top 3 P4P (and was favored by Vegas against even Cruz when fight got booked) when TJ dismantled him twice. Cody was #6 P4P after styling on Cruz and TJ knocked him out brutally b2b
Only became past prime blown up mws after jones destroyed them.

I remember shoguns crossover over to the ufc as the 2nd coming.

Its what happens though when you look at records and wiki and miss the context.

He's P4P #1 in my opinion. The Cruz loss was bad judging, and he would whoop Cruz in a rematch. On his way back to the top he dominated Assuncao and Lineker when they themselves were destroying the division.

Back