P4P Battle: Adesanya vs Jose Aldo

is a

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
This is a P4P fight so differences in weight class that both fighters compete in between the two fighters are not relevant here. However, there are a couple of points I want to make before this fight takes place.
  • Adesanya's reach to height ratio is (203cm/191cm) = ~1.063
  • Aldo's reach to height ratio is (178cm/170cm) = ~1.04478
Adesanya would have a slight reach advantage over Aldo assuming both Aldo & Adesanya w/the same height.

Aldo probably cuts a lot more weight to compete in his weight class (FW) over Adesanya who barely cuts weight so Aldo would probably be slightly heavier in the ring come fight night.

I don't think either of the two fighters are going to have a speed advantage over the other since both fighters are arguably the fastest fighter in their weight class (Aldo in FW, Adesanya in MW).

Aldo is in his prime, the version that fought Frankie Edgar the first time.

So how does this fight play out, and who wins (in what fashion)?

Interesting idea. I love Aldo, but Adesanya beats him in a similar way as Max Holloway. Prime or not, Aldo has always done his best against offensive wrestlers/grapplers, and he's 50/50 when going up against good strikers. Adesanya would be a Holloway-esque striker, if not better. I wouldn't discount Aldo completely because Prime Aldo's leg kicks were excellent, and I could see him slowing Izzy down with them for a late finish, but I'd favor Izzy over Aldo 80% of the time.

Back