oympic mma prospects

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Dom 2202, May 19, 2014.

1. Dom 2202

Dom 2202 Blue Belt

2. Bigfoot Sylvia

Bigfoot Sylvia Banned Banned

3. BSquared

BSquared Blue Belt

4. Current

Current Brown Belt

i don't think cejudo is taking this sport seriously enough to turn it around.

i would like him to prove me wrong though.

5. HockeyBjj

HockeyBjj Putting on the foil

Read the list. Why the fuck isn't Satoshi Ishii in the UFC? It's like a pr dream. Heavyweight is shallow as hell, and the man is 12-2 with a gold medal in judo and few decent names on his resume. Surely there are some HWs low enough in the UFC that could fight him?

Also, bullshit at forgetting Romero. He looked amazing his last fight

6. Exemplar

Exemplar Fuligin Belt

Satoshi Ishii I actually forgot about him since he got dropped by Fedor. I may have to go back and look at his bouts since then.

7. theanticool

theanticool Brown Belt

None of those guys are really all that unknown if you follow other promotions like RFA, Dream, WSOF, or Legacy.
    They offered Ishii a contract before he even had a fight. He decided he wanted to do judo. Then he decided instead to sign with a Japanese promotion. Now he seems content for for Inoki. Besides, he doesn't seem all that popular in Japan.

8. Rational Poster

Rational Poster Yellow Card Yellow Card

Some Japanese guys just don't like fighting overseas. Like Aoki.

They can make decent pay being big fish in smalls ponds and not have to worry about a grueling travel schedule.

9. nohomark

nohomark White Belt

i don't see the hype behind judo players as they get outclassed by good wrestlers

10. loisestrad

loisestrad Gold Belt Platinum Member

Ronda didn't vs McMann. Some of them do. Lombard didn't vs Shields.

Some do, some don't.

11. Kumason

Kumason MMA freak!

"Probably the best Olympian prospects, and overall heavyweight prospects in MMA is judo gold medallist Satoshi Ishii"

you mean probably the biggest name right?You don't actually think he's better skill wise and potential wise than Cejudo,right?The only people that aren't fully aware of those 3 fighters are just ufc fans not real mma fans.Hell i'd have a hard time picking Ishii over Mocco at this point,especially potential wise.I did judo for years,Ishii is amazing in judo but in mma he's just not that good at all.

I actually like Mocco the most out of those three, fan wise.Ishii just isn't improving much and he's been fighting for a long enough time where he should be peaking.If this is him peaking then meh.He's kind of boring and predictable.Cejudo is a monster, with his insane wrestling background,good boxing background, fluid kicks and striking in general.With that said he's only competed in 1 of his last 5 scheduled fights,he shows up to weigh ins 2 and a half hours late,misses weight,pulls out of fights due to stomach aches etc.I have kinda stopped being a fan since he's been a real let down outside of the cage.

"One thing standing in Cejudo’s way is his problems with weight, missing the 135lb limit on more than one occasion."

He missed the 125 lb limit twice if I remember correctly coming in at 128 each time.

12. jko1355

jko1355 Purple Belt

Satoshi isn't a very exciting fighter... and he got KO'ed by after 3 losses Fedor which will make Dana not want him...

he is probably also making more money then the UFC would pay unless he got some wins within the UFC

13. brzln_stallion

brzln_stallion White Belt

Yoshida is a gold medalist, not just a silver. He won gold at Barcelona.

14. SalvadorAllende

SalvadorAllende Interim Belt

He added a few former UFC names to his record (Tim Sylvia, McCorkie, Rizzo, Monzon, de Fries) but he didn