1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »
Violence/Genocide: Do not condone violence or genocide on a person or group of people. You are free to attack a person or groups ideas but you are crossing the line when calling for violence. This will be heavily enforced in threads with breaking news involving victims.

Oxford University Press bans use of pig, sausage or pork-related words

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by [email protected], Jan 15, 2015.

1. Muay o Muay Purple Belt

yes they existed before the sponsorship and the poster has no doubt been a life long fan, which is exactly why, if he hates muslims, that the fact a company representative (government owned and carrying the name of the country) of a muslim country now is the main sponsor of his beloved club and has its name on their kit and their stadium is called the Emirates, would annoy him a little!
    This is regardless of any financial contribution or history of how UAE got rich.

2. weed ベルセルク

not cool man, but I have to say this

Khabib NurmagoMegadeth

3. Muay o Muay Purple Belt

As above may aswell be sponsored by UAE, i wish you muslim haters were consistant as your islam watch buddies seem to think Emirates sports sponsorships are an issue..
    http://www.islammonitor.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1244&Itemid=64

4. Mr Holmes You talking money, need a hearing aid

This is what comes of our liberal PC utopia.

5. Perrichet Arteta is a fraud

It doesn't annoy me at all as a sponsor is insignificant. You're trying too hard

At this point it's obvious you're a muslim sympathiser

6. Muay o Muay Purple Belt

The one trying to hard is Goldennirvana with all his talk of 'if it wasnt for the west'.
    And no im not a muslim sympathiser, i just know a lot of muslim haters were annoyed at the sponsorship, as they were with the man city take over, but like you say to normal people it doesnt matter.

7. Perrichet Arteta is a fraud

Fair enough

8. Khabib Khanate Hashashiyan Staff Member Senior Moderator

Not gonna lie, I like certain Muslim names. Mohammed is just overdone but I like the name Aisha. Fatima is a a bad one though, any girl with a name that has the word "fat" in it is just asking to be ridiculed.

9. goldennirvana Satanic black magic!

I am very much consistent with my hatred. What others do is their business - nothing to do with me. You're not too bright.

You brought up this particular company. If it wasn't for the West, that company wouldn't even exist. I like how there's a shut off point with this, for you. Don't wanna go back further (i.e. why that company even exists), because your beloved Muslims get exposed (like in the video I posted).

10. RainEagle White Belt

Im not surprised. By 2025, Sharia law will more than likely take over Great Britain.

11. Muay o Muay Purple Belt

I can only conclude from your continued rambling that the original point went completely over your head.

12. goldennirvana Satanic black magic!

You never had a point.

13. Muay o Muay Purple Belt

Clearly not that you understood, but hey i suppose its really the west who sponsor the club as they pay for the oil?

14. Banchan Banned Banned

They are probably unlikely to buy books with protagonist pig characters, stories which include the eating of pork or anything related to pigs in the story that paints them positively.

I think the only exception would be if the pig is the antagonist and plays an unscrupulous character or somehow suggests the avoidance of pork.

15. MicroBrew Titanium Belt

Yet the UAE, a Muslim country whos legal system is Sharia based, allows foreigners to consume Pork.

Yeah this is a case where some Western institutions and individuals go way above and beyond in their need to appease , into the realm of incredulous absurdity.

16. Ruprecht Hands Of The Judges Staff Member Senior Moderator

There's no ban and the guidelines aren't recent. The Oxford press just points out that if you're writing kids stories for Muslim majority countries, you'd do better if you didn't use a pig as a character or make references to sausages and pork.
    Another tabloid beat up...

Edit:
    Their childrens books aren't going above and beyond to appease.
    https://global.oup.com/education/product/9780192724991?region=uk
    https://global.oup.com/education/product/9780192725202?region=uk

Last edited: Jan 17, 2015