Oxford University Press bans use of pig, sausage or pork-related words

COTUR1@43

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I really thought this was a joke/troll job at first, but I guess with the state of political correctness today it shouldn't surprise me.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/11345369/Oxford-University-Press-bans-use-of-pig-sausage-or-pork-related-words-to-avoid-offending-Muslims.html

Oxford University Press bans use of pig, sausage or pork-related words to avoid offending Muslims
The Oxford University Press guidelines emerge after a radio discussion on free speech in the wake of the Paris attacks

I really thought this was a joke/troll job at first, but I guess with the state of political correctness today it shouldn't surprise me.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/11345369/Oxford-University-Press-bans-use-of-pig-sausage-or-pork-related-words-to-avoid-offending-Muslims.html

Oxford University Press bans use of pig, sausage or pork-related words to avoid offending Muslims
The Oxford University Press guidelines emerge after a radio discussion on free speech in the wake of the Paris attacks

Allahu Akbar!

The infidel is conquered. Muhammad (peace be upon him) now reigns in Oxford, capital of heathen intellectual supremacy.

Truly: This is absurd. "Let's ban words because free speech doesn't matter and we can offend people by talking about pigs".

Well, tough tits. You migh tnot like pigs, but you're a pig headed asshole!

Guess we aren't gonna mention this part.

"Muslim Labour MP Khalid Mahmood said: "I absolutely agree. That's utter nonsense. And when people go too far, that brings the whole discussion into disrepute." [\quote]

Doesn't fit the narrative.

Mahmood is spot on. Anyways, I would assume this is as much a move to make their books viable in all (including Middle Eastern) markets just as much as it is a political statement.

Don't these idiots realise they're proving the critics right about Muslims by doing shit like this? Muslims are a bunch of overly-sensitive, whining little babies. And stuff like this proves that.

Don't these idiots realise they're proving the critics right about Muslims by doing shit like this? Muslims are a bunch of overly-sensitive, whining little babies. And stuff like this proves that.

Nice. Try reading the thread, and then your comment again.

If you really think there aren't Muslims who agree with this, then you're living in dream land.

In a group thats 25% of the planet? Yeah I'm sure there are some whackjobs in there.

Thats different than what you said. Something about Muslims in general.

In a group thats 25% of the planet? Yeah I'm sure there are some whackjobs in there.

Thats different than what you said. Something about Muslims in general.

There's A LOT that agree with it. Pork is banned in Islam, so of course a lot agree with it. If you think it's a tiny minuscule minority then you're dreaming.

Also, Christianity forbids premarital sex, so OF COURSE a significant portion of Christians want all stories/media depicting premarital sex to be banned and for all who engage in premarital sex to be rigorously punished. If you don't believe that, you are dreaming in a dream land full of dreamy dreamers.

There's A LOT that agree with it. Pork is banned in Islam, so of course a lot agree with it. If you think it's a tiny minuscule minority then you're dreaming.

You think Muslims dont want to know what pigs are? Or the meaning of a word?

Time to lay off the Limbaugh dude.

It's for kids' books, right?

"Our materials are sold in nearly 200 countries, and as such, and without compromising our commitment in any way, we encourage some authors of educational materials respectfully to consider cultural differences and sensitivities."

Is this a big deal?

Back