OVERWATCH, v5: The Wicked Witch is Dead

I really don't understand the ranking system in competitive. I played through all 10 placement matches with a friend. He played really well, but I consistently played a little better, we go 5-5 and he gets gold with like 2200 and I'm in silver wIth 1990. That makes absolutely no sense.

Then I play a few ranked games without him and I'm bouncing all over the place. We win, I go 43-5 with D Va, silver in kills, gold in objective kills, objective time, and healing because I started the game with Lucio. I had like 5500 heals. I go up 30 points after that game. The very next game I end with gold in kills and objective kills, silver in objective time. We lose, and I go down 30 points. I just don't get it. I played really solid in back to back games, go up 30 with a win, down 30 with a loss. But my friend was placed higher than me even though we both went 5-5 and I played a little better.
Yeah it doesn't really make sense. They need to either ditch performance based Sr for all or be more transparent with how it's calculated, because people will try to game the system whether they know or don't know exactly how it works.

There are some games where I am totally in the zone and racking up insane numbers, doing everything right.. and I get shit sr.

And other times I might have an off day and get 25+Sr for playing like shit.

I really don't understand the ranking system in competitive. I played through all 10 placement matches with a friend. He played really well, but I consistently played a little better, we go 5-5 and he gets gold with like 2200 and I'm in silver wIth 1990. That makes absolutely no sense.

Then I play a few ranked games without him and I'm bouncing all over the place. We win, I go 43-5 with D Va, silver in kills, gold in objective kills, objective time, and healing because I started the game with Lucio. I had like 5500 heals. I go up 30 points after that game. The very next game I end with gold in kills and objective kills, silver in objective time. We lose, and I go down 30 points. I just don't get it. I played really solid in back to back games, go up 30 with a win, down 30 with a loss. But my friend was placed higher than me even though we both went 5-5 and I played a little better.
Had you or your friend done placements in a previous season and got placed around those numbers?

Lol, people have no idea what they are in stored for.. being constantly hacked and frozen by the enemy team is going to be a nightmare, meanwhile the Mei on our team will be too busy walling off their own team.

It's going to be a weird fucked up meta
Exactly.

It could be absolutely awful. Sombra is probably going to be in every match. Imagine being the lucky person who gets to try play main tank into a team running Sombra/Junkrat, you're never going to have a shield. This doesn't even take into account what sort of fucked up thing they are going to end up giving Hanzo instead of Scatter Arrow.

Had you or your friend done placements in a previous season and got placed around those numbers?

Exactly.

It could be absolutely awful. Sombra is probably going to be in every match. Imagine being the lucky person who gets to try play main tank into a team running Sombra/Junkrat, you're never going to have a shield. This doesn't even take into account what sort of fucked up thing they are going to end up giving Hanzo instead of Scatter Arrow.
Yeah main tanking is going to suck. I do like that tracer finally has a hard counter, but it is going to feel real bad for rein mains.

Sombra is a tough character to play, it's all about managing multiple cool downs more than the other characters other than doomfist.
She is not going to be a lot of fun for most people, even with the buffs. She's going to be too complicated for most plat and below players.
Mei too. She's super hard to be effective with as well, but with her buff anyone that is already really good with Mei is going to be god like.
I think this meta might feel worse than it actually is for a lot of people. The overall hopeless feeling of being either hacked, Frozen or both, over and over again in the same match is going to be Uber frustrating.

Not being able to defend yourself while you get raped. It's going to make toxic people lose their fucking mind.

Yeah main tanking is going to suck. I do like that tracer finally has a hard counter, but it is going to feel real bad for rein mains.

Sombra is a tough character to play, it's all about managing multiple cool downs more than the other characters other than doomfist.
She is not going to be a lot of fun for most people, even with the buffs. She's going to be too complicated for most plat and below players.
Mei too. She's super hard to be effective with as well, but with her buff anyone that is already really good with Mei is going to be god like.
I think this meta might feel worse than it actually is for a lot of people. The overall hopeless feeling of being either hacked, Frozen or both, over and over again in the same match is going to be Uber frustrating.

Not being able to defend yourself while you get raped. It's going to make toxic people lose their fucking mind.
That will tilt non-toxic people too.

If those changes go live as is, I bet it drives even more people away from playing tanks.

Last edited:
Nah he hadn't been on the game very often recently.
Like, say you did placements in season 3(or whatever season) and you finished the season around 1900, you're more than likely to place around that the next time you do placements, or competitive, as there is no MMR reset between seasons. That's not even taking into account your hidden MMR.

Kills don't get more satisfying than Sombra though. When your enemy team is prepping few seconds into the game start and you are already in there with them, bwahaha!

Last edited:
I don't know about you guys, but I'm having a great time racking up gold/silver elims/damage while filling on support and main tank every game while my 3/4 dps struggle to get a kill. End of season queues are fantastic.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm having a great time racking up gold/silver elims/damage while filling on support and main tank every game while my 3/4 dps struggle to get a kill. End of season queues are fantastic.

I got to Gold this season and pretty immediately stopped Competitive for the season. The instalock Widows and Genjis got pretty old. I had a Reaper last game I tried that loved trying to 1v3 Winston D.va and Moira while I'm watching as Mercy like
giphy.gif

Last edited:
This Florida-NY match is delivering big league so far.

It's a surprisingly good match. Florida could easily be up 2 maps right now.
Could be any combination of scores, including a possible draw in the first round. I'm a big NYXL fan and it's hard to resist the urge to scream "Why isn't Pine in there?!"

Apparently the next hero might be,

1.Brigitte
2.Sanjay Korpal
3.Mama Hong

Last edited:
You guys pay attention to the overwatch lure? I haven't watched one video or read on article on the lure/history of a multiplayer without a story mode.

You guys pay attention to the overwatch lure? I haven't watched one video or read on article on the lure/history of a multiplayer without a story mode.
Yes, for the most part it’s pretty interesting.

Back