OVERWATCH, v5: The Wicked Witch is Dead

Do you ever feel you're perhaps (at least for you) too good with one (or more) characters so you revert to them when the going gets tough but it sucks a bit of fun out of playing the character (which you like)?

I love playing Moira and I think I'm pretty good at playing her, but in the past few months or so I've noticed I'll switch to her when my team needs some extra oomph if we are not doing too well. I don't want to get to the point where I'm thinking "Sigh, guess I'll have to pick Moira now." She's just too useful a character both offensively and defensively. My stats seem to be pretty good with her as well despite all of my games being solo q and I'm trending way up lately with all my stats increasing quite a bit despite all my previous time on the character, so I feel a greater need now than ever.

I mean my other favorite character to play as is Symmetra and I rarely as play as her these past couple of years due to having games where my team just cannot help support her style of play (a solo queue issue), so the games become un-fun and my stats also hurt as a result there. I take a certain pride in my lifetime win stats with Sym despite her being my most played character (with a lot of that play time being before I knew what I was doing), so I don't want to mess that up.

I also like to play as D'Va, but my intentions in playing as her are just to have fun (same with Junkrat). Lucio is somewhat the same, but he used to be like Moira where I went with him on payload maps on defense to win matches we were losing, but the whole game changed since I used to do that- with Moira death balls, Sym's long distance sentries, Hammond's mines and Torb's lava, Brig, Pharah's new super speed rockets, and Torb's level 2 turrets being tossable, so stalling the payload is a pain now. Mercy is my laid back character for when I don't feel like doing a whole lot since her main thing is to heal, damage boost, survive, and resurrect when you can, and you can lay back doing it and not feel the stress (at least I don't, and I have pretty low deaths with her).

So with that said I don't have another character I have a lot of fun playing where I'm consistently thrusting the character into stressful play situations. I feel it's essentially my duty to pick Moira in a lot of cases unless healers are covered and we need a tank since I'm a backfill main (Orisa is my stress character in those "we need a barrier tank" situations, but her slow walking speed isn't very fun, the same with her slow turning speed when firing if you have to deal with close encounters).

Mind you I revert to Kirby in Smash Bros. when troubles happen there in a series of matches, but I don't feel stress in those situations as I don't feel the weight of five other people on my shoulders.

Last edited:
Sooooo they basically changed Torb's ult and then gave his old one to Ashe.....

Sooooo they basically changed Torb's ult and then gave his old one to Ashe.....

Basically, and Bridgette has his armor packs.

Torb's ruined for me now with all the changes as I had fun playing him the way he was. The molten floor shit is stupid. Instead of taking something away from one character to create a new one, why not just give whatever ult idea to the new character?

Basically, and Bridgette has his armor packs.

Torb's ruined for me now with all the changes as I had fun playing him the way he was. The molten floor shit is stupid. Instead of taking something away from one character to create a new one, why not just give whatever ult idea to the new character?

I do like the changes to the turret and the E button but I agree, the new Molten Core ult is straight retarded and pretty much awful.

My new job doesn't give the time to play that I would like so I barely get to play these days. Ashe is fun, but I dislike BOB but that's because it's just another thing that auto aims which is ResidentFuckingSleeper. I don't like the Doomfist nerf. Doomfist was one of the few reliable counters to GOATS and now he's pretty much hot garbage.

I have only seen one person ever in all of my many games with a level 5 endorsement. Congrats!!
That means you are definitely a great team player.

I have been at level 4 pretty much the whole time.

If you don't have at least a level 3 I suspect you're either toxic or are rubbing your teammates the wrong way in the team select.

If you're a flex player, main healer, or main tank.. then it's almost impossible to not have a level 3 or better unless you're incredibly toxic or your internet sucks.
Could also mean that you rarely play or you usually play Mystery Heroes, or other arcade modes, because you don't get to endorse their.

Could also mean that you rarely play or you usually play Mystery Heroes, or other arcade modes, because you don't get to endorse their.
I think it's more to do with PS4. For some reason it has a rep of being more toxic than PC or Xbox. Whether or not that's true is probably subjective.

I play a lot of comp and I don't really play too many other modes, so I am really surprised I have only seen it once, and it was a mercy main that q'd into our lfg.

My new job doesn't give the time to play that I would like so I barely get to play these days. Ashe is fun, but I dislike BOB but that's because it's just another thing that auto aims which is ResidentFuckingSleeper. I don't like the Doomfist nerf. Doomfist was one of the few reliable counters to GOATS and now he's pretty much hot garbage.

I agree about Ashe. I'd be happy with a Bob nerf and a reload speed buff. It seems like the most effective way to play Ashe now is just farm damage, get bob, rinse repeat. Her ult charges insanely fast as well.

Fuck Doom though, bring on the nerfs bork1}

So difficult to play the game for me right now, especially snipers. Aim at head, shoot at head, doesn't register, get killed by shots or get hooked when I'm behind walls. Maybe an NvMe will remedy some of that, maybe an internet upgrade will, but you'd think a decent eSata ssd and 60/60 internet wouldn't keep you literally half a second behind in most matches.
I "don't mind" losing or dying because of a lack of skill, that's on me, but I hate lag and bugs and poor game design, those things tick me off.

Also nerf Doomfist in Total Mayhem, he's almost as annoying as Ana was when she had the low cooldown sleep dart.

Looking forward to Zarya, mercy, Lucio skins.

Overwatch Winter Wonderland 2018 skins
  • Zarya - Snowboarder (legendary)
  • Mercy -Sugar Plum Fairy (legendary)
  • Widowmaker - Biathlon (legendary)
  • Lucio - Arctic Fox
  • Symmetra - Figure Skater (legendary)
  • Bastion - Gift Wrap (epic)
Didn't view pics yet, don't want to until the game patch arrives today.

Junkrat has a Krampus skin.

I’ll be getting that if I get a holiday skin.

Why do they keep giving Symmetra skins? She's the shittiest character in the game to play. Just delete her and begin to make Overwatch great again.

Last edited:
I don't know how, but on three separate occasions I was able to do an insignificant amount of healing with dva.

I played dva 100% of the game and I ended up with 2hp healing, 7hp healing, and I forgot the other one. Got bronze healing in all three games lol.

Not sure how I managed to do any healing.

Why do they keep giving Symmetra skins? She's the shittiest character in the game to play. Just delete her and begin to make Overwatch great again.
She has the most regal skins but i absolutely hate playing her. I don't play mystery modes anymore because sometimes I have to play her.

Wish they'd do a Mei's Snowball Fight competitive season during the holidays. It's probably my favorite holiday event game.

They could also add in Mei outfit skins for other characters and have them involved.

I don't really like any of the skins especially, but that's also because I don't play ANY of the characters. Picked up a bunch from last season though, wouldn't be upset if I got Mercy.

The purple Reinhart, Ashe, and Bastion skins are quality.

Those monsters downgraded me from level 4 to level 3 in Endorsements because I was afk at the start of a Quick Play game (was sure I cancelled it, but you know sometimes how you cancel a match from the title screen and it still pulls you in), all that for running off to take a leak when I had been holding it in for a 3 cp match. Just got it back up to 4 after a 2 weeks though (I almost exclusively play healer or tank, and am polite in chat so I get a decent amount of endorsements), they better not screw me again.

Also lost over .30 elims points as Symmetra in QP in the past 2 weeks because no damn team knows how to work on defense (I'm just exiting out now if I don't see 2 healers and 2 tanks with one being a barrier tank on certain maps). Now I can average 30 elims in a game and only go up .01 points.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Judoka_Noob
Back