OVERWATCH, v5: The Wicked Witch is Dead

I was playing Overwatch and my battle.net program just played a fucking ad for Can Am. WTF

Brigette stole all my motivation to play competitive this season. Every fight being decided by Grav+Dragon is ResidentFuckin'Sleeper.

is this game dying?

It's not in a good spot, to say the least. This competitive season is the least diverse it has ever been and the balance changes they're making are driving people away. They keep buffing/creating heroes that require low mechanical skill to learn and they counter the highest skill cap heroes in the game.

Currently at the higher ranks the meta is double sniper, due to a number of circumstances; Brigette's release to 'counter' dive, both sniper characters being given low cooldown movement abilities, the change to Mercy that made resurrect a cooldown ability, Widows grapple cooldown change, and Hanzo being the most broken dps ever put into the live game. There's probably some other things I'm forgetting. Not to mention there isn't a counter or strategy in the game to deal a Widow that is in the zone clicking heads.

Now they're reworking or have reworked two of the most polarizing heroes in the game in the hopes to make them more picked/useful. Them putting Symmetra's teleporter as a cooldown ability is eerily reminiscent of the changes they made to resurrect. Hopefully they learned from that debacle to give teleporter a reasonable cooldown otherwise it will make make the game so, so much worse.

Last edited:
1-4 in placements so far this season lol.. the game we won we steamrolled.. two of the losses we got steamrolled and one loss was really close in Nepal. I played mercy and did 38% team healing with a Moira on our team, killed 2 junk ults and had a few clutch rez’s.. not sure I could’ve played any better but we still somehow lost rounds 2 and 3. Id like to think I play mercy, reaper, hog and Moira at a low diamond level but I’m forever destined to be in low plat. Fuck comp lol.

Last edited:
Brigette stole all my motivation to play competitive this season. Every fight being decided by Grav+Dragon is ResidentFuckin'Sleeper.
I actually have to change my opinion on this. It's not Brigette, it's the fact that the only two viable dps are the two snipers that makes the game feel so bad right now.

I'm outplaying a friend of mine on comp basically every game but somehow he's ranked higher. Don't get it.

A Brigette pocketed by a Mercy is nearly unkillable. Good character design..

Does the new Sym drop today?
Yes, she is live now. The new Horizon Lunar Colony is live too.

I'm not too sure what to make of the changes yet. 12 second cooldown on an ability that move a whole team is bit concerning. I could see some tweaking being needed on that.

Last edited:
I really don't think I'm going to like this profiles being private shit.

wow, Sym is way different now. Her Ult seems like a Mei wall. Sucks that teleporter has a range now.

Seems like blizz gave up on Offense v Defense heroes. They just call them damage now

Yes, she is live now. The new Horizon Lunar Colony is live too.

I'm not too sure what to make of the changes yet. 12 second cooldown on an ability that move a whole team is bit concerning. I could see some tweaking being needed on that.

What's the change to the map, I just played it and didn't notice.

Edit: I read the patch notes on the map change and I just honestly hadn't noticed. Guess I don't have enough time in the game to be cognizant of all the doorways and shit on a map.

I love the new Create A Group feature. The games have felt way more competitive. Players have been super cooperative and communicative. While I'm still 50/50 on QP wins/losses, I never feel like I lost because of stubborn teammates refusing to switch roles. Every single match felt competitive and fun. That's definitely a huge accomplishment in a game that often felt super frustrating due to really poor team comps hand-waived because "it's just qp bro calm down". Props to Blizzard for making a team-based game actually team-based.

Last edited:
What's the change to the map, I just played it and didn't notice.

Edit: I read the patch notes on the map change and I just honestly hadn't noticed. Guess I don't have enough time in the game to be cognizant of all the doorways and shit on a map.

I love the new Create A Group feature. The games have felt way more competitive. Players have been super cooperative and communicative. While I'm still 50/50 on QP wins/losses, I never feel like I lost because of stubborn teammates refusing to switch roles. Every single match felt competitive and fun. That's definitely a huge accomplishment in a game that often felt super frustrating due to really poor team comps hand-waived because "it's just qp bro calm down". Props to Blizzard for making a team-based game actually team-based.
Yeah it isn't anything too major; added an extra stair case to the high ground on the defenders spawn side, changed the location of the door to the mega underneath the high ground(got rid of the one on the end of the attackers side), and added cover on the high ground, and changed up the defenders B spawn a bit so that you're not instantly out the doors and onto the point which should help alleviate some of the '2cpLUL'.

Back