Overwatch Official Discussion, v4: Doomfist Me, Daddy..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seoul vs. NYXL is intense. I'm a NY supporter, I was worried after the Philly loss, but they're playing great.

Seoul vs. NYXL is intense. I'm a NY supporter, I was worried after the Philly loss, but they're playing great.
That match was amazing. Saebyeolbe is a fucking monster. Holy shit.

That match was amazing. Saebyeolbe is a fucking monster. Holy shit.
Yeah, watching he and Fleta go at it was something special, he ate their Tracers alive too. I feel like NYXL could have taken Junkertown and Horizon with a few things going right, but every match was so close.

Yeah, watching he and Fleta go at it was something special, he ate their Tracers alive too. I feel like NYXL could have taken Junkertown and Horizon with a few things going right, but every match was so close.
They could have taken Horizon easily, I missed Junkertown. Fleta getting Rip-Tire in 20 seconds on the final push on Horizon was a bit absurd.

They could have taken Horizon easily, I missed Junkertown. Fleta getting Rip-Tire in 20 seconds on the final push on Horizon was a bit absurd.
They stopped Seoul into OT on the first point of Junk, then stopped them for good just short of point 2. They seemed to have all the momentum then ran a Bastion attack comp that Fleta picked apart.

I love using Torborn to wreck fools and then use his 'bwahaha' emote,

People always underestimate the engineers,

I really, really hope that Moira doesn't become the dominant support after Mercy gets nerfed. All her abilities and go through shields, not to mention that flat 30 per second self-heal on an auto aim weapon, no wonder no one wants to play tank in this fucking game they just keep fucking them over. Between Junkrat and this 'support' tanks are going to get fucking decimated.

Last edited:
I really, really hope that Moira doesn't become the dominant support after Mercy gets nerfed. All her abilities and go through shields, not to mention that flat 30 per second self-heal on an auto aim weapon, no wonder no one wants to play tank in this fucking game they just keep fucking them over. Between Junkrat and this 'support' tanks are going to get fucking decimated.
Depends what Elo you're at, I think the Mercy nerf mostly affects the one tricks out there, people who can aim will move to Zen, but you will definitely see some more Moiras. They won't be as effective as old Mercy, but Moira is a character who can be annoying without much skill involved. I think mid-level Comp won't see too much change, but I'll be interested to see what happens at GM+. There are only so many ladies in the top 500 already Blizzard!

Moira's ability to go through shields is sick, an Orissa tried standing in a corner with her shield out, no one could really get to her but all the Moira needed to do was hit her with those orbs and teleport away.

Only Sym has that ability on her alternate fire but at least she needs to aim, Moira simply needs to throw the orb and vanish.

Dive is just gonna go back to zen and Lucio after the Mercy nerfs.

It will be hard to say.

I think mercy will still be the dominate healer.
Most games will have 3-4 DPS and 1-2 tanks, so most games will still require a solo healer. And even though Mercy only has one rez every 30s, the most vocal and toxic players will just assume that they're entitled to every rez you got. (They'll definitely let you know this too)

Hopefully I am wrong, but I don't see us going back to 2 healers in most games. Too many people want to play DPS and they're used to solo healers doing all the healing.

But I would love for Lucio and Anna to come back in addition to Mo, but it will still be "Mercy or I'll throw"

Moira's ability to go through shields is sick, an Orissa tried standing in a corner with her shield out, no one could really get to her but all the Moira needed to do was hit her with those orbs and teleport away.

Only Sym has that ability on her alternate fire but at least she needs to aim, Moira simply needs to throw the orb and vanish.

Yeah, but unless she's in a hallway or something she'd only take 50 damage or so at most before the orb bounced away. The real danger to Orisa and Rein is Coalescence, which continuously penetrates shields and makes Moira very hard to kill...at low levels. I like Coalescence, but losing your Fade for a mandatory amount of time can be a killer. I've had games where I know Sombras and McCrees are saving their disables for the second I pop it.

It will be hard to say.

I think mercy will still be the dominate healer.
Most games will have 3-4 DPS and 1-2 tanks, so most games will still require a solo healer. And even though Mercy only has one rez every 30s, the most vocal and toxic players will just assume that they're entitled to every rez you got. (They'll definitely let you know this too)

Hopefully I am wrong, but I don't see us going back to 2 healers in most games. Too many people want to play DPS and they're used to solo healers doing all the healing.

But I would love for Lucio and Anna to come back in addition to Mo, but it will still be "Mercy or I'll throw"
You must have some shitty luck, because I've only had one instance of solo healer in the past couple seasons(I've barely played this season though) and that was during an overtime push on Junkertown where I said I'd solo heal so we could run some cancer.

You must have some shitty luck, because I've only had one instance of solo healer in the past couple seasons(I've barely played this season though) and that was during an overtime push on Junkertown where I said I'd solo heal so we could run some cancer.
Dat low plat/ high gold slum life

Mercy nerf and Junkrat 'changes' are live. Thank fuck.

Messed around with Junkrat in the practice range and those changes aren't going to change his pick rate at all. It'll be nice to not get instagibbed if a Junkrat decides to just spam mines, but they have to do something about how fast his ult charges. He can have a rip-tire every fight.

Last edited:
Mercy nerf and Junkrat 'changes' are live. Thank fuck.

Messed around with Junkrat in the practice range and those changes aren't going to change his pick rate at all. It'll be nice to not get instagibbed if a Junkrat decides to just spam mines, but they have to do something about how fast his ult charges. He can have a rip-tire every fight.

Well, they're kind of correlated, the decay on his mines should slow down his ult a bit. Hard to believe they just buffed Riptire a little while back. I'm not really a Junkrat/Mercy player, so it's a good day for me.

Well, they're kind of correlated, the decay on his mines should slow down his ult a bit. Hard to believe they just buffed Riptire a little while back. I'm not really a Junkrat/Mercy player, so it's a good day for me.
Maybe a little, but your mine can still be a surprising distance away and still do full damage. That awful character is still going to have ult nearly every fight.

Junkrat is still OPAF for people who can aim his grenades.

Just the scrubs will suffer that nerf.

Mercy on the otherhand got the full RoadHog treatment. Going to be some brutal unintentional Mercy main throwing for a few weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back