Overrated ATG’s

Thanks for the reminder about Holmes. I knew that he was beaten twice and mis-typed. Lots of top guys have questionable wins. No need to open that can. Manny's controversial opinions? Like him saying back in 2012 or earlier that Tyson Fury would take Wlad's place as best HW? The guys has the eye and knows what he sees. Yeah Manny, and many others have a consensus opinion that Marciano is in the top all time HW's. Not controversial. You don't have to agree with them. I don't care. Well-established fighters get looked down on by neckbeard losers whose courage is confined to the chair in which they sit while they type their criticisms and have absurd standards to which they don't hold themselves.

Boxing is a conversation and every argumented idea is worth listening to. So I don't agree with you.

Monzon's jab was deadly. Watch him hit the bag with it. P4p one of the strongest jabs I have ever seen. I'm not a great fan of monzon's style, to upright for my liking, but the guy was a destroyer.

I’ve got to agree. When I read the thread title he was my first thought. His best win was an old ww who looked about 4 weight classes smaller. but that jab, and his physical length made him a fckin nightmare for everyone.
Also not a fan of him or his fighting style, but he is an atg

Foster is amazing he is one of Futch’s best which is amazing considering all of the amazing fighters he crafted.
I just watched his fight againest Vicente Rondon the other day and it seems he keeps his weight and head very front foot heavy. According to Sinister (who has a Futch lineage) this is a huge mistake in terms of Defensive responsibilty. Whats your take on this? Is his head off centerline more than I realize?

I just watched his fight againest Vicente Rondon the other day and it seems he keeps his weight and head very front foot heavy. According to Sinister (who has a Futch lineage) this is a huge mistake in terms of Defensive responsibilty. Whats your take on this? Is his head off centerline more than I realize?

I think like most lengthy dudes they have a tendency to lose their hips especially when fatigued or in the heat of the moment ( Hearns had this same problem).
That being said Futch was pretty tricky and fosters stance is pretty tricky.
th

Look here
It’s a pretty interesting contrast. The white dude has literally no hip engagement at all.
Fosters weight is back. You can tell by the folds in his hips.
sport-boxing-the-tale-of-the-tape-the-statistics-of-world-heavyweight-picture-id79662360

This a good one too. Foster at first glance looks quite square... but if you look closely his hips are folded and it makes him look more hittable than he is.

"Canelo sucks because he doesn't let big punchers unload on him" is a pretty bold take TBH
“Bottles up against punchers” like when he unloaded on Golovkin, Jacobs, Kovalev, Cotto.

Floyd

Rocky Marciano

Mike Tyson

Riddick Bowe (is he considered an atg?)

Canelo just in case someone is retarded enough to have him as one

This one hurts, a lot as he is one of my all time favorites, Tito Trinidad

Wladimir Klitchko

This one will probably get heat but Pernell Whitaker

dunno. Much more but those just off the top of my head.

Back