Overlooked masterpieces

Queensrhyche Operation Mindcrime- Best concept album ever imo. The guitar lead into 'Speak' blew my mind....the whole album musically, vocally, conceptually was great...But its never up there with Pink Floyd's.

The 1957 one or 1997 one? I'm presuming it's the 57 one you are talking about. Might take sometime looking for it this weekend.

Yeah the '57 version, It's a cinematic marvel.

ShortMusicForShortPeople_albumcover.jpg

R-3161362-1337779356-9662.jpeg.jpg

349Glory_Daze.jpg

medium.jpg

OL24215905M-M.jpg

The movie Van Helsing. The critics hated it because it was about monsters fighting, but it was an excellent tribute to the classic era of horror movies and a cool modern action movie at the same time. It had a ton of bad ass action scenes, a cool setting, a cool story and good effects for the time.

I wish i can agree but i can't forgive what a weak bitch Dracula was

Also, not owning a copy of this album should be a criminal offense:
5824_lg.jpg

I first heard Blind Melon on the Woodstock '94 double cd. Definitely an underrated band.

Seasick Stevie, has he sold any records in the US yet?

Kudos to the guy that said the Prestige

Lupin anime movies, almost all of them

Sword of the Stranger
cover_sword_of_the_stranger_uk.jpg

Dat Sinbad cartoon
170612.jpg

Prime Cameron Diaz
CameronDiaz-TheMask006.gif

The film, Waking Life

Everything ever written by J.G. Ballard and Kobo Abe

Paintings by Vladimir Kush and Jacek Jerka

The band, Cafe Tacvba.

Those who know...know, but definitely overlooked. One of the best albums ever made.

veedon%20fleece.jpg

Two great albums. Spiderland is really influential though, so perhaps not that overlooked. By most of the general public though? Prob.

Slowdive - Pygmalion

I agree that it was hugely influential, but Slint is still not all that well known. Its just like how until Sonic Highways came out, very few people outside of Chicago had ever heard of Naked Raygun, even though they were huge influences on a lot of current big name groups like Fallout Boy.

Great album/band most people have never heard of. This came up in a similar thread a year or two ago as well.

Good to see them get consistently mentioned in topics like this one.

That part of the 90's specifically had a lot of gems that came and went musically too

Back