Overlooked masterpieces

These Two Hands

Our revenge will be the laughter of our children
@Brown
Reaction score
Anybody got any works, be they music, art, literature, whatever, that they feel are overlooked masterpieces in their time..?

For me it's definitely Stone Sour's House of Gold and Bones at the moment. Pt 1 and 2 came and went without a bang, Slipknot's Gray Chapter overshadowed them reasonably quickly, the graphic novels came quietly and went again as well. I've always appreciated concept albums, from The Wall, to Fear Factory's Obsolete, to Stone Sour's HOGAB but not many people seemed to really dig it for what it was. I started thinking about how I'm just one man, and how every man probably has his own thing like that and how it would be cool to hear some and check them out.

Anybody got anything like that?

51-yxvLD1oL._SY300_.jpg

the sonics, the screenplay, the character he played, the story. its all so good

Fuck. Sherdog needs a "thank post" button... This thread delivered already, in four posts lol.

The Prestige.

And yes I know it was nominated for an Oscar, but walk into any crowded place and mention this movie and you'll get 20 comments about how The Illusionist was better.

It makes no sense. Talk about pearls before swine.

The Prestige.

And yes I know it was nominated for an Oscar, but walk into any crowded place and mention this movie and you'll get 20 comments about how The Illusionist was better.

It makes no sense. Talk about pearls before swine.

At least you'll know those 20 commenters are morons that are to be avoided.

The Prestige is damn good except for the part about the Tesla duplicator machine.

12 Angry Men

Not overlooked in the traditional sense but I had never heard of it until by chance it was mentioned on here one day. One of the best movies ever made and most people under 30 have never heard of it.

[YT]T3rXdeOvhNE[/YT]

The movie Van Helsing. The critics hated it because it was about monsters fighting, but it was an excellent tribute to the classic era of horror movies and a cool modern action movie at the same time. It had a ton of bad ass action scenes, a cool setting, a cool story and good effects for the time.

Said it before and I'll say it again:

Angst (1983)
angst2-e1432809126592.jpg

Most underrated movie of all time.

Also, not owning a copy of this album should be a criminal offense:
5824_lg.jpg

12 Angry Men

Not overlooked in the traditional sense but I had never heard of it until by chance it was mentioned on here one day. One of the best movies ever made and most people under 30 have never heard of it.

The 1957 one or 1997 one? I'm presuming it's the 57 one you are talking about. Might take sometime looking for it this weekend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back