Overheated / Red Face

WCJason

White Belt
Reaction score
Does anyone get this while training, whether it's cardio, grappling, muay thai etc? I don't mind the whole overheated deal, but the red face that goes with it, is just annoying. Anyway, I know this may seem like a pointless thread, but I thought I would ask.

Do you have rosacea?

Quote: Rosacea has a hereditary component and those that are fair-skinned of European or Celtic ancestry have a higher genetic predisposition to developing it. Women are more commonly affected. People of all ages can get rosacea but there is a higher instance in the 30-50 age group. The first signs of rosacea are said to be persisting redness due to exercise, changes in temperature, and cleansing.

Triggers that cause episodes of flushing and blushing play a part in the development of rosacea. Exposure to temperature extremes can cause the face to become flushed as well as strenuous exercise, heat from sunlight, severe sunburn, stress, anxiety, cold wind, moving to a warm or hot environment from a cold one such as heated shops and offices during the winter. There are also some foods and drinks that can trigger flushing, these include alcohol, foods and beverages containing caffeine (especially, hot tea and coffee), foods high in histamines and spicy food.

It runs in my family, theres not a whole lot of getting around it.

I have been told that I don't and I am taking IP treatments (some pulse laser) treatments for it. I was just wondering if anyone else suffered from it.
Thanks!

aye I get a red face when pushing hard at kickboxing/cardio, my arms/legs get a bit pinkier aswell sometimes, but I've never gave it a second thought.

WCJason, there's no possible way you get redder than me. I get bright red / purple, and the veins in my head pop out something fierce. Everyone's always like: "Are you ok? Should we call an ambulance?"

If you want to look pretty while you're fighting, you're in the wrong sport.

Perhaps you should be ballroom dancing.

Would a red face not make you look really pissed off/scary in a fight??

Would a red face not make you look really pissed off/scary in a fight??

Nope - just makes you look like you're knackered.

I'm a pasty white guy who turns all shades of red, even if I'm cruising. I don't mind not looking pretty, but it looks bad if a fight goes the distance and you look like you've been dragged behind a truck for 7 rounds

I got the same problem, my face turns bright red and stays that way for up to 20 minutes after training. I never really gave it a second thought because I am pretty pale skinned and 5 minutes out in the sun has me look like a lobster so I'm used to it.

WCJason, there's no possible way you get redder than me. I get bright red / purple, and the veins in my head pop out something fierce. Everyone's always like: "Are you ok? Should we call an ambulance?"

haha, yeah that's what people have said to me and I've said it to my dad a few times..

I used to get a pretty red face when I first started running but the fitter I got the better it got.

The blood is showing through. Thicken your skin by rubbing it repeatedly every day with a towel. After a week, use something rougher - like wood. Slowly work your way up to fine grit sandpaper.

The blood is showing through. Thicken your skin by rubbing it repeatedly every day with a towel. After a week, use something rougher - like wood. Slowly work your way up to fine grit sandpaper.

lol

I have this problem but not only with exercise but when I become nervous as well...

I would get red faced like crazy when i used to play basketball more so than mma or grappling or striking dont know why that is when mma is so much more taxing.

Squatting and basketball. I turn into a damn jackolantern. Redness goes away pretty rapidly after I stop though.

Hell my face gets red when I'm not training.

Honestly tho, who cares..

Back