Overhand right

kickboxing_fan1

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
should this be thrown against a southpaw? I know that in boxing they say throw a straight right hand against a southpaw but I keep throwing this against a southpaw at my gym in thai sparring and I find it opens my ribs up which he counters with his rear leg kick to my ribs which has dropped me on several occasions. I was wondering what I could use to stop this? Usually he takes the right hand on his gloves.

should this be thrown against a southpaw? I know that in boxing they say throw a straight right hand against a southpaw but I keep throwing this against a southpaw at my gym in thai sparring and I find it opens my ribs up which he counters with his rear leg kick to my ribs which has dropped me on several occasions. I was wondering what I could use to stop this? Usually he takes the right hand on his gloves.

If you know the kick is comming that should work in your favor, as well if your always hitting his gaurd/gloves maybe your not setting it up at all or well enough.

i like to throw overhand right and left body hook and sets up a nice kick. all depends on your footwork and what they are doing.

Back