Media Overeem's lip injury broken down by a doctor.

Rough
I bet that hurt like a motherfucker the next morning

He looks like he got hit by a Buick.

And I should know. Buicks are big and heavy. It's why they're not allowed to fight in the UFC. Well, that, and their gas tested positive for hydrazine. Those are the only two reasons.

Could be a blessing in disguise if it leads to retirement. I'm mindblown at how articulate and well-spoken Reem is after all those brutal KO's.
Probably because he doesn’t take brutal beatdowns like Weidman, the moment a hard punch touch him his brain automatically turn off

oZjuMuQ.jpg

Yeah. That was gross. Glad to see it's still attached at least. First time I saw it, It looked like his lip actually flew off his face. :eek:

Yeah.

Still thought it was a terrible stoppage and that he should be about 1, or 2 tops, away from a TS.

The doc in the vid said it was due to the lip tearing on the teeth.....

No mouth guard?

Considering he has so many losses and is clearly not champ material the only way he ever gets the belt now would be by a stroke of luck or favorable matchmaking.

Why are you so desperate for Overeem to get a title shot?

Well, no shit, you can clearly see all layers from skin trough muscle to skin again sliced completely,

r9i79vtbuc341.jpg

I just wonder how the hell is it possible that this shit isn't bleeding like crazy.

While relatively small gash on the forehead can cover half of the octagon in blood.

they should use this picture in an anti-drug campaign to tell kids why they should never do krokodil.

Given that the fight was five seconds from ending and his opponent was walking away... yes.

What does 5 seconds left on the clock and Jair walking away have to do with anything? He sustained a fight ending injury. It's literally the worst cut many have ever seen in MMA making Lawler's seperated lip look like a paper cut by comparison. Why are you so desperate for Overeem to get a win he didn't deserve?

Given that the fight was five seconds from ending and his opponent was walking away... yes.
Those of us who have been in the fight game for a long time know that there is not a referee nor doctor who wouldn't stop the fight the very second they saw this shit. Also, the ref doesn't watch the fucking clock or he wouldn't be able to watch the fight FFS.

Maybe that guy is just a bad doctor
I'm sure you have the credentials to say such, using the 'evidence' presented.
Single evidence anecdata ('but Lawler...") examined by two Sherdoggers vs years of medical school and real world experience.

Swollen shut basically. It it was a clean cut it would be bleeding.
Or..... it was bleeding like hell but since it tore all the way through, all that blood was pouring into his mouth.

Well, no shit, you can clearly see all layers from skin trough muscle to skin again sliced completely,

r9i79vtbuc341.jpg

I just wonder how the hell is it possible that this shit isn't bleeding like crazy.

While relatively small gash on the forehead can cover half of the octagon in blood.

The heat with which Rozenstruick threw the punch cauterized the wound.

Been watching this doctor's videos about mma fighters for awhile now great content imo

That time had nearly expired and that his opponent deemed Reem finished are both irrelevant. Reem was done. And that was decisive.

Back