Media Overeem's lip injury broken down by a doctor.

Phisher

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score

For the people who don't have the patience to watch a five minute video (which is like 90% of this forum), the relevant part is at 3:35.

Cliffs -
  • Overeem's injury is a "through and through," meaning it wasn't just superficial damage to the skin and tissue.
  • He had a muscle tear that had to be repaired.
  • Probably not career threatening in and of itself, but there might be long-term issues related to muscle functionality where his lip was ripped up.
  • Might permanently affect the way that his face looks and his speech.

Sick,hope overeem goes through a speedy recovery. Hopefully he retires too

cc0d952fe97e971f21d5f3da61b0c55f.jpg

Could be a blessing in disguise if it leads to retirement. I'm mindblown at how articulate and well-spoken Reem is after all those brutal KO's.

For the people who don't have the patience to watch a five minute video (which is like 90% of this forum), the relevant part is at 3:35.

Cliffs -
  • Overeem's injury is a "through and through," meaning it wasn't just superficial damage to the skin and tissue.
  • He had a muscle tear that had to be repaired.
  • Probably not career threatening in and of itself, but there might be long-term issues related to muscle functionality where his lip was ripped up.
  • Might permanently affect the way that his face looks and his speech.

CVct21Z.jpg

Well, no shit, you can clearly see all layers from skin trough muscle to skin again sliced completely,

r9i79vtbuc341.jpg

I just wonder how the hell is it possible that this shit isn't bleeding like crazy.

While relatively small gash on the forehead can cover half of the octagon in blood.

I know we say this every time Reem gets KO’d or something random like this but.....he needs to take some serious time off and or consider hanging them up.

with all due respect to him.

Anybody 'member when Lawler had a similar cut and came back after like 6 months with almost no scar?

And I had him in my fantasy band league starting at trumpet. Fuck me.

Anybody 'member when Lawler had a similar cut and came back after like 6 months with almost no scar?

Yes. Maybe he should get same doctor to fix it this time. Because that video made it seem like it was almost impossible to fix it right.

Well, no shit, you can clearly see all layers from skin trough muscle to skin again sliced completely,

r9i79vtbuc341.jpg

I just wonder how the hell is it possible that this shit isn't bleeding like crazy.

While relatively small gash on the forehead can cover half of the octagon in blood.

Swollen shut basically. It it was a clean cut it would be bleeding.

Yeah.

Still thought it was a terrible stoppage and that he should be about 1, or 2 tops, away from a TS.

The doc in the vid said it was due to the lip tearing on the teeth.....

No mouth guard?

Back