Overeems boxing is average at best

Well Overeem kept saying how Bigfoot doesnt wanna stand with him cos he would get knocked out. As far I recall, Overeem got tagged a few times due to poor head movement and not bringing his lead hand back to cover his face (boxing basics) and wanted none of bigfoot on the feet so took him down. Overeems stand up is massively overrated, his stint in the UFC has shown that, just acknowledge that.

Overeem was dominating Bigfoot. As I said, Overeems biggest problems are his cardio and his chin.

Overeem was dominating Bigfoot. As I said, Overeems biggest problems are his cardio and his chin.

Haha I laugh everytime when I see people using "dominating" for that fight. Bigfoot Silva happens to be one of the slowest fighters on the feet at HW, so naturally a HW with half decent speed should be out tagging him. Yes Overeem was tagging him, but it was hardly a domination haha. I counted 2 leg kicks, 4 punches that did nothing to Silva at all, few knees (did nothing again) bit of ground and pound which did nothing once again ha, and a sloppy elbow on the feet. I call that winning unimpressively my friend, nto dominating ;). Dominating should be used for fights such as Bigfoot vs Cain 1, JDS vs Frank Mir, Matt Brown vs Jordan Mein. Those were "dominating" performances. Overeem looked like shit against Bigfoot for the whole fight ha. Cormier and Cain both showed how to finish bigfoot within 1 round, and both happen to be wrestlers haha ;).

I think Overeem is still a great fighter. Maybe not the best boxing in the division, but average is enough in MMA. And about the power in his hands, he got dynamite in there.
But his knee and kick are his biggest weapons, that's his style and that's what made him successful in MMA and K-1.
On the ground he doing pretty well.
So maybe his boxing isn't the best but got enough weapons to be a great fighter in mma.

Matt Brown vs Jordan Mein.

I agree with you that Overeem wasn't dominating BigFoot at all... but you're forgetting that Mein almost finished Brown after a nasty body shot.

mein100.gif

I agree with you that Overeem wasn't dominating BigFoot at all... but you're forgetting that Mein almost finished Brown after a nasty body shot.

mein100.gif

I didnt forget, was a good body shot, and happened to be Meins only victory that night, the rest of the figth was brown smashing him to bits.

Are you joking???/ JDS, Hunt, Cain, Cormier, Miocic and Barry all have better boxing than Overeem imo.

I am sorry to tell you but you have tipped you hand as an idiot in the OP already.:icon_lol: Overeem KOed Badr Hari and Peter Aerts with punches.

Being an average boxer in MMA is more than enough, let's not forget his kicks and knees, since this is MMA and not Boxing, are well above average.
Agreed.
Outside of JDS, Overeem's hands are pretty good for a heavy.
Besides, his cream comes from his knees and clinch work. Not to mention kicks.

I understand what the TS is talking about, but that's no reason to call out Overeem.
Almost everyone's boxing in MMA could use improvement.

I am sorry to tell you but you have tipped you hand as an idiot in the OP already.:icon_lol: Overeem KOed Badr Hari and Peter Aerts with punches.

42yo Aerts after a Decision win against the HW GOAT Schilt. Aerts was fighting like a zombie.

Badr Hari has a glass jaw.

Overroid striking is overrated.

I used the word "retarded" but that came across a bit harsh in hindsight. However, Overeem's boxing is definitely above average, his problem is cardio and chin. That's how I perceive it, anyway.

I don't know if it's above average; his striking in general is but his hands are not great and his defense has serious holes in MMA gloves.

Yea his boxing is nothing special. He has no head movement, really poor defense, doesn't know how to throw combinations, etc... But he fights MMA so he could get away with having poor boxing if his chin and cardio were better.

I didnt forget, was a good body shot, and happened to be Meins only victory that night, the rest of the figth was brown smashing him to bits.

Mein had much more offense in the first round (even forgetting about the gif) than Bigfoot on those first two rounds.. if you can call this domination, they can say that reem dominated bf for two rounds for sure.

This is basically like saying me and my dad watched Baseball . He showed my two brothers pitching back and fourth to eachother in the yard and said "Hold the phone kids, this is why Nolan Ryan is an Average Pitcher." You see he barely throws a changeup only a fast ball. He hasn't struck out many guys using the curveball and he has to use his fastball to get guys out all the time.

42yo Aerts after a Decision win against the HW GOAT Schilt. Aerts was fighting like a zombie.

Badr Hari has a glass jaw.

Overroid striking is overrated.

Aerts fighting Schilt previously that night had nothing to do with Overeem's success against him; Alister had already beaten Aerts soundly previously.

His striking is only overrated if you think he can just walk in and death-touch an opponent instantly. I think Overeem's losses are more attributable to his mental game than anything else. He frankly makes dumb decisions that a fighter of his caliber shouldn't.

Im by no means a Overeem fan but for some jackoff to come on here and say my Karate Coach showed me why Overeem has average boxing is the lulz.

His hands were faster and better in K1. What the reason for this is I don't know. He was with Golden Glory at the time. Watch fights vs Badr Hari 1, Ben Edwards, Aerts, etc. You can just visually see that his hands were better then. Could have something to do with feeling more comfortable with larger gloves. Not worrying about being taken down, training regiment, supplements he can't take now, I don't know. I think when he returned to MMA he was so confident in his striking that he devoted too much time to wrestling assuming he didn't have to worry about MMA fighters' perceived lower quality of striking. He's also more worried about getting hit with small gloves now due to chin issues so he's not letting his hands go. If he got caught in K1 he'd have a standing count with which to recover. In MMA it pretty much means he's done.

Aerts fighting Schilt previously that night had nothing to do with Overeem's success against him; Alister had already beaten Aerts soundly previously.

His striking is only overrated if you think he can just walk in and death-touch an opponent instantly. I think Overeem's losses are more attributable to his mental game than anything else. He frankly makes dumb decisions that a fighter of his caliber shouldn't.

Aerts was 39yo or 40yo in the first fight....

You fucking fight him then tough guy

modacanina4.jpg

Back