Overeem vs Browne 2 Rumoured For UFC Amsterdam Main Event

Solid fight, but I'm hoping for Reem vs Velasquez instead of Browne for UFC Rotterdam...
Cain probably wouldn't be fully fit in time, coming off a surgery.

Reem is ranked #3 and Browne is #7. Why would he take this fight? It's risky and does nothing to move him up. Revenge is fine and all but I would have figured he would have negotiated a title shot in his deal.

UFC regularly has non-#1 ranked opponents for the champs. Whoever he fights, Reem should get the shot if he beats his next opponent. Might as well be someone he has a better chance of beating.

what ? why Browneye and not Cain? Browneye should fight Hunt if he wins against Mir

Reem was in a position to demand a title shot, Rothwell is not.

Well he didn't so? Lol mma fans are the best. I love the list of demands they think fighters should have when they sign a contract. Like Reem would turn down millions, a headline spot in his home country, and a title shot 8-12 months from now all so he could fight Kongo for half the money, brilliant

Jesus if it was up to sherdog every fighter in the top 6 would sit until they got a title shot. Then of course we'd bitch about card quality.

If Reem sits and Rothwell beats JDS what argument does Reem get the title shot?

I couldn't "just" like this post. I need to also say "Thank You" and I couldn't agree more.

I hate contenders finger popping themselves not fighting to "retain" their rank slot.

I couldn't be MORE venomous toward 99.9% of the MMA fanbase (At least here on Sherdog) that have an opinion that could NOT be more alien to me.

I will NEVER understand how DAMN NEAR ALL MMA fans believe that the Champion should be more active and fight more often that ANYONE who gets a shot at their title.

Just BIZARROLAND stuff, but I am in the .0001% minority.

Everyone else seems to think that the Champion should fight 10 times per year, and the top 10 ranked should only fight once a year. What a crock of S entirely limited to MMA in the world of combat sports.

I am glad that any mature Boxing fan IS as befuddled at this general retardation of the average MMA fans as I am.

You sir, are out of place here being FAR TO realistic. Now stop it please, you might give MMA fans not such a bad rap in the combat sport world with this type of rational posting!!!!!

nice fight and im glad Reem is being kept active
as for those complaining and wanting Reem to wait for a shot if Ben beats JDS that's only going to push the Reem back in terms of being deserving, winning fights and getting his streak up is the best bet for because right now there are 3 guys in the run Ben,Stipe and Reem so a win is crucial

also as much as i dislike Brown i wouldn't count him out of this fight i mean he did beat UBEReem after all his toughness and k.o power could prove troublesome once again

Last edited:
I would have preferred to see Overeem get the title shot and Stipe fight Browne or Rothwell since Stipe has managed to duck Rothwell,Browne and Bigfoot.

They must be paying Overeem a crap ton even more than he was getting before and a guaranteed title shot or he would have bounced.

And I hope Stipe loses to Werdum and Stipe gets sent to the back of the line under Rothwell and Browne where he belongs the ducking weasel.

Last edited:
Travis Browne's beard probably smells like shit

Probably one of the few fights they can book reem in right now. How are the rankings determined? I was wondering because there are two guys who put reem to sleep ranked behind of him. That tells me the rankings are based on opinions rather than merits.

they also factor in stuff like "how long ago did that happen" and "what has the other person done since....."

it's not like if someone loses they are permanently stuck below their oppoonetn in rankings. Otherwise there would be an initial ranking for
each division, and it would only change when a fighter retires.....

Jesus if it was up to sherdog every fighter in the top 6 would sit until they got a title shot. Then of course we'd bitch about card quality.

If Reem sits and Rothwell beats JDS what argument does Reem get the title shot?

Stipe has zero argument for a title shot and it sounds like he is getting his absolutely undeserving title shot.

JDS beat Stipe and Stipe ducked out of the fight with Rothwell.

Overeem should sit and wait for the title shot.

Probably one of the few fights they can book reem in right now. How are the rankings determined? I was wondering because there are two guys who put reem to sleep ranked behind of him. That tells me the rankings are based on opinions rather than merits.

You realize Reem has been winning since, while those two guys in question have been losing, yes?

Would you like for me to explain arithmetic to you while I'm at it?

Stipe has zero argument for a title shot and it sounds like he is getting his absolutely undeserving title shot.

JDS beat Stipe and Stipe ducked out of the fight with Rothwell.

Overeem should sit and wait for the title shot.

Yea totally sit and wait for a title shot he might not get.

You should demand a promotion at your job and refuse to work until they give you it.

I would have preferred to see Overeem get the title shot and Stipe fight Browne or Rothwell since Stipe has managed to duck Rothwell,Browne and Bigfoot.

They must be paying Overeem a crap ton even more than he was getting before and a guaranteed title shot or he would have bounced.

And I hope Stipe loses to Werdum and Stipe gets sent to the back of the line under Rothwell and Browne where he belongs the ducking weasel.

LOL, goddamn the stupidity is strong in this post, Sherdog is quickly turning me into a Stipe fan with their bullshit.

Stipe is ducking Bigfoot?! BIGFOOT?! LMAO Yes! He's totally ducking Bigfoot, Browne, and Rothwell but he'll take fights and STOP THE DUDE WHO KNOCKED OUT ALL THREE OF THEM.

Rothwell? Browne? Bigfoot? All got stopped by Arlovski who just got demolished by Stipe in under a minute, Mark Hunt? the dude who just KO'ed Bigfoot? Demolished by Stipe.

Jesus Christ watch a fight, do your research and learn your facts. I love how you people constantly will claim Stipe is ducking all of these fighters but he just demolished the dude who KO'ed them all in under a minute.

Back