Overeem shows no signs of slurred speech or slowness after 17 (T)Kos, 21 years Of fighting

Some people are just genetically stronger. Reem is a mash up of Congo Warrior and Viking Pirate. He was born for this shit.
It's weird, his father is short & I'm not sure how tall his mother is but him and his brother both won the genetic lottery. There's something in the water in Holland, I know a few years the dutch were considered the tallest people on the planet.

It's weird, his father is short & I'm not sure how tall his mother is but him and his brother both won the genetic lottery. There's something in the water in Holland, I know a few years the dutch were considered the tallest people on the planet.

We are not tall, we are normal.
You guys are just manlets.

Horse and genetically engendered DNA
Neither did Muhammad ali until he was well retired. Let's see how it is when hes say 60

Overeem is coming to my gym next month for a free seminar so Its going to be interesting to interview him

people here always make a big deal about slurred speech and all but it's always about the fighters that are already talking like retards (diaz bothers, max holloway etc...) we will have to wait a few years to truly see the effect of mma and cte on aging fighters

That is because the strikes that koed him had not power in them according to sherdog scientists..

I think about this quite a bit, its absolutely insane, given the battles he's been in.

The only guy who has as much heart as Reem is Bisping. And if you notice, neither really shows signs of CTE. Maybe a mind over matter thing when you're that tough?

I'm not sure if heart is the right term to use as Overeem during the Pride era (miniReem?) tended to fold quickly when heavily pressured... though not as obvious as Cowboy vs Conor... It may have had something to do with his lighter frame / build.

Everything is gonna be fine TS, just ask guy mezger

21-chuck-liddell.gif
Where I have to sign to look like Guy in his 50ies?

He could be the next James Bond, no homo.

Some people, brain trauma just doesn't effect them as much. Look at guys like George Foreman or Travis Fulton who's had to have taken tens of thousands of head shots, and they don't show any signs at all.

Also, just because he speaks well still doesn't mean there isn't anything internally going on that we just don't know about.

He’s still pretty well spoken and charming in his UFC Busan interview.

Rumours of his CTE are much exaggerated.

It might just be because he speaks English as a second language. When you speak a second language, you do it differently; it's more thinking than flowing. Can any Dutch speakers comment if he sounds punch drunk when speaking Dutch?

We are not tall, we are normal.
You guys are just manlets.
Dutch people are so tall and I've always wondered if it's the diet/ environment or Dutch genetics. How tall are the second generation ethnic minorities there? Obviously a first generation Chinese immigrant is going to be a manlet there because he grew up in China. But what about his kids? Are they growing to 5'8" or 6'2" over there?

I think about this quite a bit, its absolutely insane, given the battles he's been in.

The only guy who has as much heart as Reem is Bisping. And if you notice, neither really shows signs of CTE. Maybe a mind over matter thing when you're that tough?

You believe not getting CTE is a mind over matter thing? Wow.

It might just be because he speaks English as a second language. When you speak a second language, you do it differently; it's more thinking than flowing. Can any Dutch speakers comment if he sounds punch drunk when speaking Dutch?
He doesn't, he sounds perfectly OK speaking Dutch to me. Sounds the same as he always has.

He doesn't, he sounds perfectly OK speaking Dutch to me. Sounds the same as he always has.
As you're Dutch, can you comment on this;

Dutch people are so tall and I've always wondered if it's the diet/ environment or Dutch genetics. How tall are the second generation ethnic minorities there? Obviously a first generation Chinese immigrant is going to be a manlet there because he grew up in China. But what about his kids? Are they growing to 5'8" or 6'2" over there?

I think it's both. I'm 6'2" and that is nothing special here in the Netherlands. I believe the average male adult height here is now 181 cm which I guess is 5'11" or a little over that.

What I am noticing is that young people seem to be getting taller and taller. I have been 6'2" since the age of 13 or thereabouts and that was considered extremely tall back then (25 years ago). Unfortunately that was as far as I was going to go and haven't grown a centimer since then. Nowadays I see kids that age being 6'5" or more and no-one batting an eye.

Second generation minorities seem to be getting taller as well (to my eyes). We have a lot of Moroccan / Turkish people over here, especially where I live. They used to be noticeably shorter than Dutch people of similar age but now I see them being just as tall or taller. Purely anecdotal, don't have any stats to back that up. I think the Dutch are still taller than most other people, it's noticeable to me whenever I go abroad, even to somewhere as close by as the UK.

As you're Dutch, can you comment on this;

I was doing just that, see post above ;) BTW I don't think English being a second language has much to do with it...most if not all Dutch people speak English to an acceptable degree including a legend like Peter Aerts. Now in my eyes, Aerts is definitely showing signs of slurred speech.

Back