Overeem should fight Blaydes next

Frankie Baby!

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
It's a very very winnable fight for Reem. Best Heavyweight striker, and if Curtis shoots for a double leg, Reem has a nasty Gulliotine.

Alistair has literally no one else to fight. Maybe the winner of Lewis vs. Tybura, maybe if Volkov beats Werdum. Cain isn't coming back for a while, so there's really no other choice.

Discuss.

<mma4>

Yeh that could work. Not even worth mentioning Overeem's chin at this point. If anyone hits him clean he's going out so the risk is always there. But as far as risks go this fight IS indeed pretty good for him. BOOK IT DANA!

If I'm Blaydes I go for the Tai Tuivasa fight

knock off the only other prospect the UFC has, easy style match up for him and leave to bellator

Miocic, Werdum, Overeem and JDS will just keep fighting each other until they're 50 lol

HW division is in desperate need of new faces!

I think blaydes should fight werdum next !!

only valid opponent at this point.. Or an ngannou rematch !!

This is the fight I want too. Blaydes himself said he's in no hurry for a title shot, and he's looking to get a better contract after his contract ends in one fight, I believe. Beating Reem would be a good win for negotiating. On the other hand, it's a winnable fight for Reem.

I'd prefer Werdum to get a TS after beating Volkov. So.....

Early 2018:
Werdum/Volkov

Mid 2018:
Stipe/DC
Blaydes/Reem
***Let's say Blaydes wins

End 2018/Early 2019:
Werdum/HW champ
Blaydes/Stipe if he loses to DC or maybe even Cain as a comeback fight

Mid/End 2019:
Winner of Blaydes and Cain/HW champ

I'd like to see Reem fight a wrestler for once. Force him to use his ground game again.

It's a very very winnable fight for Reem. Best Heavyweight striker, and if Curtis shoots for a double leg, Reem has a nasty Gulliotine.

Alistair has literally no one else to fight. Maybe the winner of Lewis vs. Tybura, maybe if Volkov beats Werdum. Cain isn't coming back for a while, so there's really no other choice.

Discuss.

As a retirement fight.....

Could be a good fight. Overeem looked awful in the Ngannou fight (sloppy, rushed, slow, total lack of defense, less power/snap on strikes than usual, lack of good gameplan). A Blaydes fight would show if he is really done at this point or if he just fought awfully last time due to fear of Ngannou's power. For Blaydes it would be a chance to get much closer to the top half of the division.

Back