Overeem says tried to fight Fedor at Bellator 269 Fedor declines

Eff off overeem, you've lost your recent fights in mma while Fedor has won.

is it true that the goat refused to face the kongo with 4-5 hours of advise when the mitrione becomes ill 5 hours before the bout??

A MMA-manager once told me that the worst part of his business was people calling out fighters from other organisations when they had no contract. Gives both the managers and promoters a lot of problems they have to solve. Overeem doesn't have a contract with Bellator while Bellator still got a lot of available fighters. He also have an upcoming kickboxing fight.

Overeem is a well known liar and bullshitter, so I don't trust a single word he says (just see his comical denial of roiding).

Indeed.
The way things actually went back in the Strikeforce days was:
Overeem: Fedor is the only fight I really want.
Team Fedor: Great, we'll just need to have serious drug testing for this fight.
Overeem: I have no interest in Fedor. Plus, I can't drug test, because I'm scared of needles.

Around this same time, Overeem also
  • Fled the country to avoid a drug test
  • Dropped out of the SF tourney when they wouldn't accommodate his, ah...unique scheduling needs.

Is he signed with Bellator? Nope

He can watch Fedor on TV like the rest of the UFC guys that want to fight him

Reactions: TR1
so Overeem is the only guy that Fedor has ever ducked? i've heard NO other fighter say this about Fedor.

is it true that the goat refused to face the kongo with 4-5 hours of advise when the mitrione becomes ill 5 hours before the bout??
I think so, but why would that matter? Coker isn’t Dana, and Fedor isn’t some up-and-coming fighter that needs to do shit like that to keep his job.
Earlier in his career, Fedor fought multiple fights on the same day, and fought in all sorts of tournaments (RINGS tournaments including an open weight, PRIDE GP, Striferoce GP, Bellator GP)—it’s not like he’s scared to face anyone. The Mitrione fight was the one he wanted, and it was his Bellator debut. Why would he need to accept a new fight with a totally different opponent on a few hours’ notice when the Mitrione fight could just be rescheduled?

Around this same time, Overeem also
  • Fled the country to avoid a drug test
  • Dropped out of the SF tourney when they wouldn't accommodate his, ah...unique scheduling needs.
What's really dirty is how the guy would always try use his mother (cancer) as a scapegoat for being unavailable to avoid tests.
He tried running that same card (my mother's sick, I have an emergency) when he was getting randomly drug tested (the one he failed) at the UFC 146 press conference and the UFC told him to get his ass back or he was done.

Pretty dense for a guy who'd constantly tout about how he's the most tested fighter in mma.

What's really dirty is how the guy would always try use his mother (cancer) as a scapegoat for being unavailable to avoid tests.
He tried running that same card (my mother's sick, I have an emergency) when he was getting randomly drug tested (the one he failed) at the UFC 146 press conference and the UFC told him to get his ass back or he was done.

Pretty dense for a guy who'd constantly tout about how he's the most tested fighter in mma.

Are you surprised? This is the same guy who used his little daughter being a "crybaby" as an excuse for his string of losses in Pride.

A 6"3,,, 265lb D2 wrestler who cuts weight I think to make HW. So is probably 280lbs on fight night

This is basically a less athletic and less technical Brock Lesnar...
"technical Brock Lesnar" now Ive heard it all in Sherdog.

Beating a chinless Overeem is not really that impactful right now. I see why Fedor chose Timothy Johnson over Overeem. A ranked guy that can be a stepping stone closer to a title fight.

is the reem going to be more paid in glory than in bellator?
i would have prefer to see him vs barnett, vasell, moldasky, etc etc etc......than in kickboxing

If Fedor was afraid of Allistair, he would not have entered in the Strikeforce tournament with a big chance to fight him. Who would have won is another thing...

Reactions: MT7
Fedor is about to retire and Reem is calling him a duck and still probably believes Stipe tapped

Fedor don’t fight known juicers but I could see Fedor cracking that chin even tho juice
You weren't around for Pride, Affliction, or even earlier in his career then.. if you think he doesn't fight known "juicers".

Fedor don’t fight known juicers but I could see Fedor cracking that chin even tho juice
pride fighters where steroid abusers
pretty sure u would defend fedor the only fighter there being clean because yeah hes your hero right?
yeah theyr all cheaters except for my super hero fedor lmfao

Back